Pageviews l

Sunday 3 July 2022

Hello July!

Happy Sunday everyone! First Sunday of my favorite month of the year.....my birthday month πŸŽ‰It's a good start to the month, weather wise. We've had a good amount of sunshine these past few days and it's not too hot. Very pleasant for sleeping.

We had a good week. My dental appointment went very well. The little gum surgery didn't require any stitches. I'm always a tad anxious about getting any kind of dental treatment due to my locked jaw history. I consider myself lucky to have a dentist that is very skilled, understands my apprehension and has amazing "bed side manners". I go back for my permanent crown on the 13th. 

Our perennials are growing rapidly. Our daisies seem to have bloomed overnight. They have also spread a lot this year....love it! We are very pleased with our Cleopatra Cana Lilies. The combination of red and yellow flowers is quite pretty.  I'm not into gardening like I used to be though. Somehow I lost the passion that I once had. That's OK. 

Russell is doing well. He is still somewhat involved in stirring the pot with regards to the Noise Barrier Project in Beaconsfield. He's having fun while making his opinion heard. Nothing wrong with that.

Our pooches are doing great. They've had some great walks this past week. On Thursday, we met a couple, about our age, with a two year old, very friendly Catalan Sheepdog. A beautiful pup with a full coat. We chatted for a while and exchange tips about grooming. The woman was using this opportunity to train and socialize her dog. I didn't have any treats on me so she gave me a few and I showed off what ours can do. It was fun.

On Canada Day, we took Cooper & Spicy to Pointe-Claire Village for a pup cone at Wild Willy's. It seems to be a yearly tradition. They enjoyed it very much. 

For the past couple of weeks, the Robins have been nesting in the tree by our mud room door. We heard the hatchlings for the first time two days ago, being fed. Noisy little things. This morning, as we took Coop and Spicy out, the parents were flying all around us, being very protective and making a racket. Quite fascinating to watch. Those little babies will soon be ready for their first flight. In the meantime, they are well protected in our tree and leaving nice little poop sacs on our patio πŸ˜‚

This coming week is a bit busy. Tomorrow morning I go for my blood work. Russell goes Tuesday. I have a pedicure on Thursday and my physical on Friday. 

That's my blog for today. I wish you all a great week!


Spicy and Cooper loved their Wild Willy's
pup cone on Canada Day!

Time to chill on the nice cool grass
at Edgewater Park.


Spicy looking elegant as she
roams the backyard.


Cooper always has a big smile.


A new evening ritual, Spicy loves to nest in the
guest room bed with a throw blanket.


No one is leaving the TV room without
me knowing about it!


Three Cleopatra Cana lilies
in a sea of daisies.


A closeup of the Cleopatra Cana Lily...
wonderful colours.


No comments:

Post a Comment