Pageviews l

Sunday 22 May 2022

A quiet long weekend

Happy Sunday everyone! It's a sunny day, nice and warm, maybe rain later. We just got back from a walk with the pooches. It was lovely and quite breezy by the lake. 

This past week was good. I got my three workouts in, I'm pretty happy about that. For a change, I did the HASfit online workout (free), Tabata style. I got a good sweat. On Tuesday, we celebrated Cooper's 11th birthday. It was a fun day. Both Cooper and Spicy enjoyed a few extra small treats. Our Coop was a happy boy 💗

On Wednesday, I met up with my friend Lillian at Le Marche de l'Ouest. It was nice to see her again and we chatted for quite a while. Although we are in touch by FB messenger on a regular basis, nothing beats the face to face meeting! 

Our flower pots are doing well and the herbs in the VegTrug are thriving. I found a beautiful and very colourful planter for the deck. It adds a nice touch of brightness. Our pooches are enjoying their life on the deck. What's not to like,  they get to watch squirrels come and go in the yard, that is when they're not chasing them 😂

It's a quiet Victoria Day weekend for us. Russell kicked it off by cooking some chicken wings on the Weber Charcoal BBQ on Friday. They were delicious. Last night, we had a lighter meal, Chicken Piccata. It's all about balance 😊

A bad storm hit parts of Quebec and Ontario yesterday. It totally missed us. Many people are still without power today and there was lots of damage. Here's to hoping all returns to normal for those affected.

Thats my blog for today. Enjoy the rest of this holiday weekend and have a great week!


A splash of bright colour for the planter on the 
back deck.

The VegTrug is filling in very nicely, soon
time to harvest a few herbs.


Cooper in his comfy chair and
Spicy on the rug, on alert
for intruders.

Spicy enjoys a nice chin rest on the
Coldest Dog Bed.


The birthday boy with his bounty on his 11th
Birthday.

First we sing Happy Birthday to Cooper,
then we get the treats and they look yummy!
Spicy's eyes are locked on the cookies!



1 comment:

  1. Love, love the colorful planter. I had no TV, land line or internet last night but the rain never hit my part of Vaudreuil in the Bay. Still had my power but videotron was down :(

    ReplyDelete