Pageviews l

Sunday 19 December 2021

Merry Christmas! Joyeux Noel!

Happy Sunday! Well my friends, this is the last blog before Christmas. Looks like it might be a white one at that. We got a bit of snow last night, not enough to shovel paths in the backyard but enough to cover the grass with a nice layer. We hope it stays as we need a layer of snow to keep the grass from icing up...and to keep the little paws clean. 

Our weather today is beautiful, sunny and not cold. We took the pooches out for a nice walk in the neighbourhood before lunch. It was nice to get out and feel the warmth of the sun on our faces. 

This past week was good. Everyday I meant to finish my Christmas baking but it never happened. I got it done this morning. On Thursday, Russell and I had a nice lunch out. It was timely as that night our government announced capacity restrictions in restaurants as of tomorrow. Other restrictions too, as in many other provinces and countries around the world. As people keep saying, the pandemic is not taking a holiday. We still have some hope for our holiday in the sun in early April. I was looking at my sundresses in the closet the other day, they are screaming to be worn 😂On the bright side, Winter solstice is on Tuesday which means brighter days ahead...let's hope in more ways than one. 

We are ready for our small lunch gathering on Christmas day. We will serve smoked ham from La Bernoise, a local European deli, home made scalloped potatoes and a Winter salad made with mixed greens, radicchio, apples, cranberries, maple candied pecans and shaved parmesan. Very yummy and festive for this time of year. Lunch will be simple and delicious. An assortment of my baking will be our dessert. I am still thinking about our Christmas Eve dinner....most likely Coquille St-Jacques, Russell's favorite!

That's my blog for today. Our pooches are waiting for their 3 pm treat, Russell is getting ready to watch football. I will probably read a book or watch something on Netflix. This morning, I made a lasagna so dinner just needs to be reheated. Have a great week! We wish you all a happy and healthy Christmas! 



Cooper and Spicy want to wish everyone a 
very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Cooper and Spicy are always ready
to hit a cushion or the BOSU
for a Fun Fit Canin workout!


All this training can be a little tiring!


Cooper enjoys his evening TV pre-bedtime
nap on a comfy blanket.

1 comment:

  1. Ann, thank you so much for your blog...I look forward to it every week..how crazy is that. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. My dresses are also screaming to get out on our holiday in March also...fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete