Pageviews l

Monday 27 December 2021

Christmas 2021, all wrapped up in a small bow

Hello everyone and happy Monday! It's a sunny day for us, a bit on the cool side. We jut got back from a nice walk by the lake. The trails are good and our pooches have not had to wear boots so far this season. Despite not having had new snow since last week, we still have a nice layer of packed white stuff in our backyard which is perfect for some fun recall training!

Here we are, another Christmas in the books. For the second year in a row, we ended up cancelling our gathering, even if it would have been a small one. We made the call last Wednesday. We felt terribly bad but we just didn't feel comfortable. On Christmas morning, I drove to my brother's place and dropped off a few goodies for him. We met in the parking lot and wished each other Merry Christmas. Last night, my nephew Sean dropped off a few presents for Russell and I. We chatted for a while in the living room, masked up, at a distance. It was nice to see him and catch up.

Back to our Christmas. It was a quiet one. The highlight of our day was when we took Cooper & Spicy to the basement first thing in the morning. We had a surprise for them...toys scattered all over the place! I got the idea from a heartwarming video that Russell sent me last week from Dogs Trust, Ireland's largest dog rescue and rehoming charity.  It was about dogs that got to pick their own Christmas present. It made me smile and I thought it would be fun to replicate the idea for ours, on a much smaller scale of course. I got everything ready on Christmas Eve. It was so much fun. Needless to say, the Coop and the Spice girl were very excited. I took a few videos (posted on my Facebook page) which we've been watching over and over again...cuteness overload 😍In all my excitement, I forgot to take still photos but Russell was able to do a few screen captures for the blog. A little blurred but you get the idea of the fun that was had by those two munchkins. Memories of Christmas 2021 that we will always cherish. 

This week will be quiet other than my appointment tomorrow for my booster shot. Part of me wants to take all the Christmas decorations down but I will wait until next Sunday. 

That's my last blog for the year. On this day, we are remembering Russell's dad who passed away 20 years ago. Always in our hearts πŸ’— I hope you all have a great week, leading up to New Year's Eve. I will write again in 2022!



These two are definitely Santa's little helpers!



Christmas stockings in place and doggie toys
placed perfectly, ready for Cooper and Spicy.


Let the fun begin, Cooper and Spicy rushed to
see what they could find!


Predictably, Spicy selected her favorite chew and
headed for her cushion to enjoy.


Cooper found a new squirrel to shake but first
he had to try the rat.



Two in full flight doing a little recall in the
backyard.



A nicely iced Lake St Louis shoreline, last week.


The ice from the lake even coated the trees on this
bright sunny day.


No comments:

Post a Comment