Pageviews l

Sunday 14 November 2021

A sunny November day

Hello everyone and happy Sunday! We're half way through the month already, can't believe it. This morning I looked at the calendar and realized that Christmas is six weeks away. In a few weeks, I will put up our tree and get the ball rolling with some holiday baking...."some" being the operative word. I don't plan on baking much this year, only a few of Russell's favorites. 

This past week was good. Our weather was a mix bag of everything except snow. We had some strong winds one day and the larch in our backyard lost almost all of its needles. Because of the way the wind blew, the needles ended up on the patio near our back door....the perfect place for Cooper & Spicy to drag them in the house 😂

I got my fill of space events this week with the splashdown of Dragon Crew 2 and the liftoff of Dragon Crew 3. I always find this stuff so fascinating and never get tired of watching it. 

On Thursday, I had an eye exam. All is good, no cataracts, no glaucoma and I got myself a new pair of Tom Ford glasses, similar to the ones I have but a bigger frame. Big is in this year so I thought why not. It will be a nice change.

Russell is doing well. His new glasses came in and he is getting used to the progressive lenses.  He is not legally required to wear them but so far he's noticed that they really help especially when reading and using the computer. 

Cooper & Spicy are as happy as can be. They don't ask for much and yet give us so much 💖Yesterday, I took a photo of them on the couch, side by side, looking out the window, watching the rain. They are so sweet 😗

Not much else is going on with us. Our weather is gorgeous today, a little brisk but very pleasant. We had a nice walk before lunch and noticed how busy the new Pointe-Claire refrigerated ice rink was. The photo below was taken last week. The blue planters are now filled with Christmas trees. There are also lots of picnic tables between each planter. I will have to take a photo next time we're out that way.  Truly a wonderful set up.

That's my blog for today. I leave you with random photos that we took last week. Friday morning, Russell captured our cutleaf Japanese maple in all its glory. Today, the leaves have almost all dropped. 

Have a great week!



Japanese cutleaf maple in full crimson red in
the front yard.


A single raindrop on a brilliant red maple
leaf in the backyard.

Cooper enjoys face planting in 
his doggie bed.

Spicy relaxing on the freshly mowed
grass.


Hey, what is going on up there? These two
never miss a beat.


Neighbourhood Watch dog 
style on a comfy sofa.


The newly installed refrigerated skating rink
in Pointe Claire.



1 comment:

  1. ❤️ love Japanese Maples. Your tree is beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing pix of Cooper & Spice.

    ReplyDelete