Pageviews l

Sunday 17 October 2021

Fall Colours

Happy Sunday everyone! We're enjoying a typical Fall day...sunny, a little on the cool side and the colours have really peaked in the past few days. The leaves are also falling, especially since yesterday's rain. Our front lawn is a carpet of maple leaves, very pretty. We thought about blowing them but decided against it, at least for today. It makes for a really nice and bright front yard. During the heavy rain yesterday, Russell captured the honey locust in our neighbour's backyard. It's a good thing he did, that tree is almost bare today.

Our past week was good. The highlight of the week was Russell's successful colonoscopy. He's good to go now for the next five years. The appointment was in Montreal. I was not allowed to go in the clinic with him due to COVID and we had been told there was no parking so Russell took a cab. All went very smoothly. The appointment was at 10:30, back home at 12:15. 

While Russell was doing his thing, I kept busy doing laundry, prepping dinner and groomed our pooches. Yep, I do grooming too. I actually spent quite a bit of time removing knots on Cooper's front legs and paws. Too much morning dew and too much hair makes for knotty legs and paws sometimes. We constantly feel for knots on both but Coop gets the prize for getting the most. We're on top of it so it's never an issue but we have to be diligent.

On Thursday, Cooper and I had a great training class. We did a Rally course.  It was something different and it required some "brain" work on my part....if the Coop doesn't do well, it's usually on me so I had to focus a little more. We had fun 😄

I finished all 5 seasons of Line of Duty and truly enjoyed it. There is a 6th season, only available on BritBox. I may subscribe to it eventually, not in a rush. I started another great series, The Morning Show. Having spent all my working life in Human Resources, this particular series somewhat resonates with me. It is excellent!

I started reading The Forever Dog, released last week (thanks Lori for suggesting that book). I pre-ordered it quite a while ago and got it on Wednesday. It is a wonderful read, a must for all dog owners. There is actually a lot in the book that holds true for both humans and dogs.  We're all for learning ways, even if small, to help Cooper & Spicy live a longer and healthier life 💖

That's my blog for today. We're on the deck now, admiring the Fall colours. For dinner tonight, we're ordering Chinese Food from La Perle. It's been a while and it's a nice break from cooking, plus it's delicious. Have a great week everyone!


The front yard has a carpet of red and yellow
maple leaves which fell overnight.

Fall colours have arrived on our street.

A honey locust tree in a neighbour's yard...
brilliant yellows leaves...now almost all gone.

Spicy enjoys lounging in her chair on a 
rainy afternoon on the deck.

Cooper giving that look which says...
is it crunchy time yet?

Cooper and Spicy waiting on the front 
porch for their human daddy to come home
post colonoscopy.

Cooper on the ready for his turn
on the Rally course at Fun
Obedience.


No comments:

Post a Comment