Pageviews l

Sunday 11 October 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Sunday to all! We wish all of you a Happy, Healthy and Safe Thanksgiving. For many of us, this holiday is very different this year thanks to the pandemic .... Russell and I, and hopefully most people, are doing our part in helping flatten yet another curve by limiting festivities. Kind of sad but this will pass, one day. In the meantime, we are thankful for what we have, most importantly our health. 

This past week was good and quiet...do I sound like a broken record? Our weather was great for the most part. Wednesday was a rainy day so it was a productive morning in the kitchen. I made a double batch of butternut squash soup and spaghetti meat sauce. We ate some and I froze many portions, for another rainy day. I also made another apple crisp with the lovely apples that we picked a few weeks ago. I caught up on Suits and finally finished watching Season 2. I have 7 more seasons to watch.  I also want to watch Away, a science fiction drama about a Mars expedition. I love anything that has to do with space so I will give it a try. I'm also reading a lot of books lately. I discovered another author and I've read 5 books so far. I love reading. 

I must say that our Fall has been very nice so far, yesterday was spectacular and so warm. We have enjoyed being outdoors and have made good use of our patio heater. Until just a few minutes ago, we were sitting outside but the wind picked up and the heater doesn't work so well with strong winds. So, we are inside now, although not a bad thing as we are smelling the turkey that is cooking away. 

I haven't done much on the training front with the pooches but things will pick up soon, when the weather gets colder. There will be plenty of time to spend indoors when the snow flies.

Today, we got some yard work done. I cut down some of the perennials, not all. Russell cut the grass and we also blew the leaves that fell from the rain last week. As of October 1, our bylaw states that we're allowed to use a leaf blower! Yay! We have 8 bags of yard waste for tomorrow. 

That's my blog for today. I leave you with some of the photos that our photographer took last week. She did a great job. We are hoping to do a Winter photo shoot at some point, that would be so cool, no pun intended! Cooper & Spicy are waiting for their dinner, and also for a tiny taste of our turkey later. I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving! I also want to wish our Havanese friend Blu-Belle a wonderful birthday tomorrow, she will be 7. Can you believe that she is related to Cooper! Many happy returns BB!


A Fall pumpkin centerpiece waiting to be placed
on our Thanksgiving table.


Cooper and Spicy wish everyone a Happy
Thanksgiving...thanks Erika for a wonderful
photo shoot.


Happy 7th birthday BB!


Fall colour on our front door step.


Cooper and Spicy romp in the falling 
leaves.


Spicy on a carpet of Fall maple colour.


Cooper looking awesome in the Fall colour.


The dynamic duo in the Autumn woods....


From our Home to yours, we 
wish everyone a Happy 
Thanksgiving.




1 comment: