Pageviews l

Sunday 18 October 2020

A quiet October week

Hello everyone! I hope you're all enjoying a nice and relaxing Sunday. Ours started out sunny but it's clouding over. We raked more leaves after lunch, lots more to fall still. Cooper & Spicy were on the front porch, secured with their leashes, watching us and occasionally barking at a cat crossing the street. 

We had a good week, another rather quiet one....I suppose all weeks are quiet when not much is happening...thanks to the pandemic. Quiet doesn't mean we are bored,  just means that we don't go out much. That's OK. Not complaining. Our weather has been quite nice and warmish. Thursday was particularly nice, with a whopping 21 celsius. 

Russell got his flu shot last week, I'm getting mine tomorrow. I would think that the odds of us getting the flu or even a cold are pretty small given that we are not in contact with anyone and wear a mask when we go out but one never knows. It doesn't hurt to get a flu shot, even though we fully understand that we may not be covered for all flu strains. It's a personal choice. 

On Thursday, I went to our local outdoor market. I discovered a new apple, Rosinette, very nice, juicy and crispy. Honey Crisp used to be our favorite but we got tired of it. I also stocked up on my Delicata Squash and got a beautiful purple cauliflower and some leeks. 

Today, I bought some Halloween candies, specifically mini chocolate bars....I was going to wait until the last minute to avoid any temptations but they were on sale and I thought, why not. So what if we indulge in some before Halloween! I also bought individual treat bags and will get those ready this week. Our street seems to be ready for the big night, many houses are decorated. We will buy a pumpkin next weekend. We plan on putting our treat bags on a table, probably on our driveway, with the pumpkin alongside. Kids can help themselves. We will be watching from our living room window. It will be different but nice for the kids, we hope. Time for a little bit of normalcy in our lives. 

All things being equal, we should hear this week about the timing for the installation of our awning. Fingers crossed that the weather cooperates for an install by the end of the month or early November.

Russell has been taking photos of the beautiful colours on our street. I include some of the pics he took this week. Yesterday, I also took a photo of Russell and our pooches while we were out for a walk. You will notice that Cooper seems very focused on something....he was watching a family of ducks on the lake. He thought they were quite fascinating!

That's my blog for today. I wish you all a great week. Stay safe and well!


A little break from the walk, at the
shore of Lake St. Louis with Russell
and his buddies.

Spicy saying to Cooper, I know that 
cat is over across the street.

Leaves are really turning colour and dropping 
fast in our front yard.

The maple that graces our front lawn, 
a vibrant golden colour.


The limelight hydrangea is full Fall colour in 
the front flower bed.

The early night sky was on fire just before sunset
in the backyard and the trees matched
the fiery glow.


1 comment:

  1. Anne do you cut some of your Limelight Hydrangea heads to enjoy indoors ? I cut a few of mine the other day. I place them in an empty vase and allow them to dry.
    I always enjoy the photos that you so generously share.

    ReplyDelete