Pageviews l

Sunday 9 February 2020

Winter Wonderland

Happy Sunday everyone! A quiet day for us.  We woke up to some very cold temperatures, -22 celsius, but it warmed up quite quickly to a comfortable -6 celsius at the moment. Despite the cold, the sun was shining and there was no wind so it was actually nice outside.

This past week was good. We didn't do much other than going to the gym, a couple of walks with the pooches and my weekly Tuesday training with the Coop. We are feeling a bit lazy these days, must be the time of year, don't feel like doing much. On Friday, we got our first big snow storm of the season, not bad for almost mid-February. Some areas in Quebec received up to 40 cm of snow, we got about 25 cm. Having said this, it came down quite rapidly so I found myself going out every couple of hours to clear the backyard paths. I also went to the gym that day so I was quite spent on Friday night.  Saturday morning, the sun was shining so Russell took some nice photos of the snow. I also cleaned up the paths and created two large "turnarounds" for Cooper and Spicy. I know, I can get carried away but that's the way I am....and the dogs love it!

This coming week is shaping up to be busy and fun. Tomorrow, Spicy and I will visit the residents at the Wellesley Retirement Home. Spicy will give everyone much love and kisses. The seniors love her to pieces. Tuesday, Coop and I will train then I will get my eyebrows shaped. On Wednesday, it is Russell's 65th birthday. The doggies and I look forward to spoiling him silly. Thursday, I will have another physio treatment for my arm. I basically undid all the progress I had made by shovelling. My choice, it will get better. We will finish the "work week" by celebrating Valentines Day but not before my pedicure on Friday afternoon. All in all, a good week on the horizon.

I leave you with the photos that Russell took yesterday, as well as one of Spicy's Sunday hairdo.  She loves messing up her hair, her daughter Pepper is the same. I also took a picture of Cooper this morning laying down in front of the basement stairs...his way to tell us that he wants to go play. He's a funny boy.

Have a great week everyone and enjoy Oscar night!



The back deck with a fresh blanket of snow!

Just a portion of the backyard paths/maze I shovelled for
Cooper and Spicy to do their business and have fun!

Spicy in the lead and Cooper surveying as she navigates
the snow paths I created - they approved!

Spicy took a moment to take it all in with the sun beaming
down on her.

Spicy says...peekaboo...can you see me now?!

Cooper enjoys basking in the sun with his coat aglow.

Cooper taking a break from running the maze.

Spicy is having her Sunday bad hair day!

Cooper in the 'what is next' pose pointing downstairs...he
wants to go play retrieve!









1 comment:

  1. Anne that was a lot of shoveling. The snow makes a beautiful background for photos of the pooches.

    ReplyDelete