Pageviews l

Sunday 12 May 2019

Happy Mother's Day!

I wish everyone a happy and wonderful Mother's Day! If you still have your mom, cherish every moment with her....those moments are so very precious.

We're having a good day despite missing our moms. Russell's mom has been gone for 6 years now, mine just over 14 months. We miss them both and wish they could be with us today. We went to the cemetery for a little visit and brought them some flowers.  When we got home, I planted herbs and lettuce in our VegTrug. Now we wait for things to grow. This year, I planted lots of basil and coriander, my favorite two herbs especially in the Summer. We also have some chives, rosemary, thyme and some butter lettuce. In addition, I bought two tomato containers...cherry tomatoes and beefsteak tomatoes. This is a first for us so we'll see how they do.

This past week was good. Russell went back to the gym and he felt good about it. He also resumed his weekly physiotherapy...his physiotherapist was extremely impressed with the gain he made while on vacation. Not that it means anything to most of you but Russell gained 3 degrees in his "knee flexion" measurement since before we went to Barbados. He is virtually where he should be. He figures probably another month of weekly physio and he'll be done. Good for you Russell. You worked hard to regain your full mobility and it was all worth it.

Cooper and I had our last Fun Obedience class on Tuesday. We will resume in the Fall. We thoroughly enjoyed this year's training. We both learned a lot and had tons of fun. Thanks to Wanda for being so creative in her classes.  On Wednesday, Spicy and I visited a new seniors residence in Pierrefonds. It was a lovely visit and the residents enjoyed it.

I have been going to the gym on a regular basis, four times a week. I'm back on track since our trip but my left leg seems to be out of whack somehow. Not quite sure what it is, I have an ache that just doesn't want to go away. I may look into it this week. It's very annoying.

The weather is quite nice and warm today. We're outside enjoying it, so are the doggies. Russell will barbecue pork tenderloin tonight. It's been marinating for 24 hours. I made a lovely cherry tomato salad as a side, which will be topped with greek feta. Yum! Oh, I almost forgot, a nice bottle of vino to wash everything down. No sweets to finish dinner, instead we will have our nightly cup of peppermint tea. A senior's thing perhaps? Just kidding!  I'm enjoying my Mother's Day immensely, with Russell, Cooper and Spicy. Thank you all three of you for loving me the way you do!

That's my blog for today. This coming week will be relatively quiet....until we celebrate our Cooper's 8th birthday on Friday. I have a cake on order for his majesty. Have a great week everyone! A long weekend coming up!


Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers of fur babies.

Cooper, Spicy and I visited my Mom and placed a small
bouquet for her and Dad to enjoy. Missed, loved and
remembered always and forever.

Russell, Cooper and Spicy visited his Mom...we placed
her bouquet and know that she and Dad are watching over
us...remembered and loved always and forever.

Cooper and Spicy on watch on the back deck...let the
Summer begin.

1 comment:

  1. Such a worth reading article. The content is nice and I appreciated it. Thank you for sharing this with us. best hotel in bangkok

    ReplyDelete