Pageviews l

Sunday 21 April 2019

Easter in Barbados

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful day. Ours started out with an Easter Egg hunt for the kids at the hotel. I couldn't help myself, I had to watch. I even spotted a few eggs but kept their hideaway to myself. It was a nice way to get the morning started.

For me, Easter represents a time of renewal and reflection. For the past few days, I've been reflecting back to this time last year. We were in Barbados and I was trying to cope with the recent passing of my parents.  One year later, I miss them just as much but I'm in a different place. It's been a difficult year and Russell's constant love and support got me through it. Not to mention the unconditional love of Cooper and Spicy. The best therapy dogs anyone could ever have! Life does go on.

We've been having a wonderful time. The weather has been perfect. We both have a nice glow and are feeling good. We've been eating well, lots of fish. I finished Greg Iles's book, The Cemetery Road, which is absolutely the best book I've read in a long time. Gripping to the end. I have since read another book, a medical thriller by Robin Cook. Not as gripping but good and easy to read. Tomorrow, I will start The Switch by Sandra Brown. As you can see, I've been busy. Russell is doing well and his knee couldn't be better. He walks the beach every morning and does his pool stretching. On Monday night, he put his new knee to a true test and we danced under the stars. It doesn't get any better than this.

On Friday, we went to Oistins, a little fishing village on the South Coast, which becomes a hub of activity on the weekend. It was fun to walk through the village and take in all the vendors.

Despite being in Barbados, we've been keeping in touch with the news back home. There is lots of flooding in Montreal and our hearts go out to those affected.

Our pooches are doing well and we miss them dearly. We've been following their daily antics through Darlah's blog and we know they are having a great time.

We are now starting our second week, actually we're more than half way through our vacation. We fly back to Toronto on Sunday. Until then, we will continue to enjoy every moment to the fullest. Have a great week everyone!


Watching the sunset with our feet on the pink wall of the Southern
Palms Beach Hotel!

A fish in the sky in Oistins..home to Friday night fish fry and
the Oistins Festival at Easter.

Crowds enjoying the fish bounty in Oistins.

Vendors setting up shop for the Oistins Festival.

Let the Easter egg hunt begin at the Southern Palms.

...a few last minute instructions for the egg hunters.

And the search is on.....

Just a few of the koi and turtles in the
ponds at the Southern Palms.





1 comment: