Pageviews l

Monday 14 May 2018

Glorious week ahead

Happy Monday everyone! I hope all the moms out there had a wonderful Mother's Day.  Our day was rather subdued. It was a tough one but I got through it with the love and support of my darling Russell.  With the passing of my mom just a few months ago, the pain is still raw but it gets a little better each day. Our thoughts were with both our moms, Russell's mom gone for almost five years now. Despite the sadness, our two adorable pooches brightened up our day with their usual antics.

The weather has been perfect since we got home one week ago. I heard on the radio this morning that we are having the biggest stretch of nice weather since March. I say it's about time. Reflecting back on the timing of our Barbados trip, we definitely prefer going away in April now.  Coming back to warm weather rather than more Winter is far better, for us anyway.

I got a lot of yard work done last week. The flower beds are clean, our plants have grown so much in just a matter of days.  Next weekend, I will do our planters. I may have to replace a couple of perennials that don't seem to want to come back. We'll see. Our VegTrug is full of goodness again, herbs and two kinds of lettuce.

Cooper and Spicy are happy to resume their outdoor activities also...spending more time in the yard chasing squirrels and on the deck, just watching the world go by.

I went back to the gym on Saturday. It was good to see my gym buddies again but the workout was not easy. I didn't push myself too much. I plan on going a few times this week. Russell went back this morning. It was also tough for him. He is recovering from a cold/flu that he's had since we've been back. Of course, I got it too. It must be all the germs in the airplane.

This week will be a bit busy. I have to resume some of my parents' estate work. We also need to clean the garage and windows. But the most important event this week is our Cooper's 7th birthday on Thursday. I have a birthday cake on order for our big boy. No doubt he will share his cake with his partner in crime, Spicy. It will be a fun day.

That's it for my blog this week. I hope you all have a great one, leading up to the first long weekend of the Summer!

Pansies and strawberries in the planter on the back deck...
nice combination, hope the strawberries are tasty. 
Partners on watch on the back deck....nothing escapes the
attention of Cooper and Spicy.

My Mom and me on Mother's Day 2017 at our home....
miss you daily, love you forever and all time.

Mother's Day visit to see Russell's Mom with
Cooper and Spicy.

A Barbados sunset as seen from the rooftop terrace of our
unit at the Southern Palms....spectacular!

The beach at Southern Palms reflected in a Lensball..."pour
me a Banks beer" memory.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the great photos. I understand your raw emotions regarding the recent passing of your Mom and your Dad. It will take some time. I did not realize that Cooper's 7th birthday is not until May 17th. Enjoy your two fur babies and the wonderful spring weather. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete