Pageviews l

Sunday 20 May 2018

Birthdays all around


Happy Sunday everyone! The first long weekend of the Summer is coming to an end. The weather wasn't so good this morning but it is beautiful now. The rest of the week is looking very nice also. I think I will get my planters done tomorrow. It's time, don't you think?

Today, we had my sister Lynn over for lunch, with her two sons, Sean and James, along with my brother Francois. We celebrated James' 20th birthday. It was a nice family gathering, with good food and good conversations. Thank you to Lynn for making the decadent chocolate birthday cake! Although we woke up to rain, the sun came out so we were able to eat outside. Cooper and Spicy enjoyed everyone's company.

This past week also brought another birthday...our big boy Cooper turned seven. It was a great day, filled with love, kisses, snuggles and a few extra treats. Coop enjoyed his birthday cake and insisted on sharing it with his sibling Spicy.  That made the birthday extra special.

This past week was good and quiet. We both went to the gym a few times, so that's a good thing. It is taking a while for us to get over our colds so we are still feeling a bit sluggish. This week will be better, I can just feel it.

Tomorrow, I will hit the garden centre and buy some annuals for our front planters. I also need to edge some of our flower beds. So, some gardening to do this week. It's taking me a while this year to get into the gardening mood but I think I'm there now. Everything has to look good for my friend Eve's visit in a few weeks!

Last Friday, I had my eyes checked. I was due for a thorough eye exam and all is good. It was also time for me to get new specs so I got myself two new frames, all Russell approved. Looking forward to a new look :-)

Not much else is going on with us. We are now doing the countdown to our trip to Italy, two months away.....it also means that I will turn SIXTY in about two months. Yikes on that but good on the trip!

I leave you with a few birthday pics from today and of Cooper's day. I wish you all a great week!


James, the birthday guy... 20 and all smiles with his big
brother Sean at his side.


Say cheese James...what a grand smile!


James contemplating his birthday cake wish while
Francois gives him a supportive high 5!


Spicy found the time to give James some birthday
loving as only she can!


Cooper making his birthday wish as he turned 7! What a
special boy he is....a loving gentle soul, we are
blessed to have him in our lives.


Cooper, always a gentleman, was sure to share his cake with
Spicy...yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Spicy is such a loving girl. Pictures of her an Cooper are charming.

    ReplyDelete