Pageviews l

Sunday 4 June 2017

Off to the see the Diamond!

Happy Sunday! Today was nice and quite warm but the clouds are rolling in. We might get some rain tonight. That's OK, our freshly planted gardens will be happy, and so will I.

This past week was good and I was very busy planting.  My goal was to get everything done by end of day Friday. Sure enough, goal accomplished.  Between going to the gym, walking the Coop and doing some house chores, I spent most of the week gardening, driving to the garden centre to get plants that were missing and buying mulch...29 bags of it. I must say that at the end of each day, I was pretty tired. It's a lot of work when you start from scratch but we are very happy with the end results. We only planted perennials, some of them we had never heard of before such as Ligularia Little Rocket, Tricyrtis Blue Wonder and Cimicifuga Hillside Black Beauty.  We have a very nice selection of plants/shrubs and they all compliment one another.  We can't wait to see how it all grows over time.  So, we're done except for a little edging I want to do in the back bed. I must say that I quite like our little rock garden.  When we bought this house a year ago, the rock garden was overgrown with shrubs that had been planted some 20 years ago. We removed everything last Fall and started fresh this year.  Even our neighbour likes it....oh and I spotted a bunny this morning who also seems to like it, maybe a bit too much. So far, he hasn't eaten anything but I suspect he may give it a try. We'll see.

While I was busy planting, Russell was busy working on the website of our new doggie daycare/boarding venture.  This is the first time that Russell has ever created a website so it was a bit of a challenge (albeit a small one) but he got it done. He was able to incorporate a calendar which will show our availability and also created a Facebook link.  I must say that I am very impressed with the website. A huge thank you to my hubby for doing this. We will test it with a few people once we return from Toronto. We expect to be open for business soon after that.  It will be called.....you guessed it...Cooper's Kingdom, Dog Daycare and Boarding.  Small dogs only. More in a few weeks.

So, after all the hard work of the past week, we're off to Toronto tomorrow morning. The main event of the week...the Neil Diamond Concert at the ACC on Wednesday. I cannot wait!  We saw him two years ago and what a show it was. We will take lots of pics of the Diamond! While we will be enjoying a little bit of R&R in our old stomping grounds, Cooper will be at Talemaker Camp. We will drop him off tomorrow afternoon.  I hear his friends are anxiously waiting his arrival. He will have a great time as always, thanks to the Talemaker gang!

This is it for my blog this week. I want to wish my dad a very happy birthday on June 8. We will celebrate next Sunday at my brother's place.  Have a great week everyone!


Front of the house and a view of the elevated bed and an
assortment of shade/sun tolerant perennials.

Front long view of the elevated bed.

Front of the house with planters and hostas on display.

View of the front for the circle bed....with hostas and daffodils.

Backyard bed complete with Japanese maple,
an assortment of grasses and other perennials.

The rock garden,
a lively planting of day lilies, jacob's ladder and
other delights.

Cooper ever alert on the back deck...he sees all, knows all!






3 comments:

  1. Outstanding job. Lots of work. The gardens are beautiful and Cooper will keep an eye on everything.
    Next Spring you will have so much to watch and wait for, that is half the fun of gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Gardens Are Gorgeous...!! I'm Sure Glad That The Planting-Part Of It Is Done...!!Now, It's The Waiting For The 'Blooming' Part-Of-It To Start...!! I Started My 'Sunflowers'Back In Feb & They Were Successfully Transplanted...Lost A Few So I Started A Whole Bunch Of Different-Ones & Now The House Is Completely Over-Run By Them...Last Count Was 18, So Keeping My Fingers Crossed And Hope They Make-It Through Our 'Weird-Kind-Of Weather'...!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Congrats, it's absolutely beautiful!! That's what I call 'Extreme Gardening'. ;0) I recognize your perfect taste. Russell will have a great time taking photos of the growing garden.

    ReplyDelete