Pageviews l

Sunday 12 March 2017

Spring forward...but more Winter weather

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope your day is relaxing and that you are keeping warm, that is if you live in areas where Winter is still very much with us. This weekend has probably been the coldest so far this season.  Yesterday, with the wind chill it was -32 celsius. Today, it is a balmy -22 with the wind. We bundled up and went for a walk anyway after lunch.  Needless to say, we took a shortcut to come home, didn't realize how biting the wind was.

So, daylight saving time began at 2 am this morning.  This means longer days, more light so it's all good. All we need now is for Mother Nature to bring on Spring. Based on the forecast, it won't be for a while. Lots of snow on the way for Southern Ontario tomorrow and Tuesday, some US cities and some for us, although not as much. Looks like Mr. Groundhog was terribly wrong...tsk tsk

This past week was good and quiet. My parents signed the lease for their retirement  home. They are very happy about it. Tomorrow, I will go over and start helping with the purging process.  They need to get their condo ready for selling, photos, etc. This will be done in the next two weeks. Lots on the go on that front but it will all go smoothly.

Russell is keeping busy working on his family's ancestry.  He did his DNA test in January and got the results while we were in Barbados. It turns out my husband is 51% Irish, 38% Scottish and 11% "other".... what I want to know is what mix is in the "other"... more on that later. Here I thought I had married a Scot! Someone will really be celebrating St-Paddy's Day on Friday! His aunt Lorraine graciously agreed to do her DNA test also. She came over on Friday for the "spitting". It will be very interesting to see her results and how they blend with Russell's. This will help "fill in the blanks".  The family tree is already growing very rapidly.

Coop and I will continue our training on Wednesday night. I have a few tricks up my sleeve to keep him engaged while the instructor does her thing.  Cooper gets antsy when he just sits and does nothing so I will be working on that (thanks to Wanda for giving me good tips).

That's it for today's blog. A quiet day for us. Coop is having a nap, Russell is working on his family tree. I made Wicked Chicken Riggies for dinner tonight...fitting for a wicked cold day. We may watch a movie later. Have a great week everyone and no worries, Winter will end soon.


Grandfather clock ushered in
Daylight Saving time in its
place of honor.
Cooper says..no...I am not being cheeky!

Cooper's famous "I want to play downstairs" pose.

Auntie Lorraine getting ready to 'spit' to collect
her DNA sample....we'll see the results in 6 to 8 weeks...
who knows who she is connected to?






No comments:

Post a Comment