Pageviews l

Sunday 19 March 2017

So long Mr Winter!

Happy Sunday to all!  What a bright sunny and warm day we're having.  Spring is literally just around the corner. I can see it, ready to make its appearance tomorrow.  I say it's about time although it doesn't quite look like Spring around here.

This past week brought the worst snow storm of the Winter. Where we live, we got a good 35 cm of the white stuff.  In some other areas of the province, accumulation of up to 70 cm were seen.  I guess we lucked out :-)  Although we have a service for our driveway, we had to shovel the backyard for Cooper.  The snow had drifted in such a way that he couldn't make a dent in it.  I spent a good part of Wednesday shovelling paths for him all over the backyard.  The things that we do for our pooch....at the expense of a sore back. But it's all good. Amazingly, a lot of the snow has already melted.  The next few days will bring lots of sunshine so more melting and evaporating.

On the topic of weather, Russell and I follow a guy on Facebook who is incredibly accurate at predicting storms.  His site is called the Southern Quebec Severe Weather Network. The guy is, as far as we can tell, just an ordinary guy who has a day job but his passion is to study the weather patterns and models.  To make a long story short, he predicted this storm, and the severity of it, a month ago. Every weather prediction of his is right on and he is always way ahead of Environment Canada.  He has about 11,000 followers. It's fascinating to follow him although at times it can be a bit depressing.  So, his next prediction is for March 24/25 but this system will most likely be in "liquid" or "ice" form, so he says.  Time will tell.

My parents and I are now focusing on the "staging" of their condo before it's listed.  The next two weeks will be busy on that front but it's coming along. Russell is doing well and continues to work on his ancestry.  He convinced me to get my DNA test done so we're waiting for the kit. I can't wait to find out what I'm really made of!

That's it for today's blog. We just came back from a nice walk at Morgan Arboretum.  Lots of people walking and cross country skiing today.  My brother is coming over for a sleepover.  We will partly celebrate St-Patty's Day and his birthday....greek food on the menu.

I leave you with some photos of our snow taken on Wednesday morning.  Take a peak at my Christmas pot, it is looking better than ever!  I'm also including a photo that we took of Cooper trying to get to the dinner table last night.....I had my back turned and first thing I knew, he was trying to get to the cheese plate (to go with the onion soup).  It seems that Russell had plenty of time to get his camera in the other room as Cooper wasn't going anywhere. Oh, and just for fun this morning, I combed his hair the way it would be if he was a show dog.  Such a different look!

Have a great week everyone and a huge welcome to Spring!


Cooper is wondering which path to take...
so many choices...thanks Mommie.

This is what 35 cm or so of snow looks like
on the back deck.

Best looking Christmas greenery
thanks to the fresh snow this week!

Cooper wishing he was a few inches taller...
that cheese aroma is to die for.

Cooper au naturel with no top knot...
a very handsome fellow.








No comments:

Post a Comment