Pageviews l

Sunday 11 December 2016

Starting to feel like Christmas

Hello everyone!  I'm a little late doing my blog today.  It's been a busy day in the kitchen and with company coming over.  I finally started my Christmas baking, made two different recipes, both tested by Russell.  He says they're pretty good.  I have some shortbread dough in the fridge for baking tomorrow and the mix for my date balls is ready as well.  All and all, a good start and the house smells delicious!  Tomorrow will be a full baking day.  I decided to take the day off from the gym and focus on making cookies instead.  Russell will be going to his normal Monday training session, he will burn a lot of calories and will be ready for the cookie tasting.

All is good with us.  It is truly feeling like Christmas is around the corner, although no snow to speak of...but that will change tonight and tomorrow.  A bit of snow on the way we're told.  This will be our first Christmas in our new home and we will be hosting my family for dinner.

Our Christmas decorations are all up and our house is looking festive. We have a few special ornaments on our tree for the Coop.  We debated about what to do outside then decided to put tiny little lights around our ornamental armillary sphere that we have in our front flower bed.  It is looking very nice and quite different.  We will take a photo this week.

That's it for my blog.  Short and sweet. Another busy week ahead for us.  Tuesday night is Cooper's Basic Obedience Level 1 graduation night.  It will be a fun night and Russell will take a few photos. I leave you with pics of the Cooper ornaments as well as a photo of the Coop in a toy basket that I got at HomeSense with his name on it (thanks to Wanda). Way cool! I wish you all a great week! The big day is in two weeks!


The tree wouldn't be decorated without a Cooper
ornament or two...maybe four!

Cooper in his fur ever home frame.

Bones and paw prints...perfection at this time of the year!

This sums it up quite nicely!

Cooper says, I am ready ready to get my
Christmas present basket filled!

No comments:

Post a Comment