Pageviews l

Sunday 15 November 2015

Same time, last year



Another week has come and gone and it was marked by such tragedy.  Paris, such a beautiful city, will never be the same again.  So many lives were lost and so many lives will be forever changed.  Russell and I were in Paris for my 50th birthday.  Truly the city of love, the city of lights, the city where no one would expect such a massacre to happen.  Sadly, such is the world we live in now.

Here, at home, the weather continues to surprise everyone.  Today, we are enjoying a sunny day with a temperature of +10 celsius.  Given the weather, I thought it would be a good day to get our Winter pots done.  I spent the better part of this afternoon decorating our front pots with boxwood, dogwood, magnolia leaves, red berries and birch branches.  They look pretty and add some nice colour to the front. I also did the kitchen window box. I will post some photos in next week's blog. All that we need to do now,  outside, is get some wreaths for the front doors and, of course, the Christmas tree.  That will be in a few weeks.  All in good time....then we start the inside Christmas decorations...and play Christmas music!

Last year, at exactly the same date, we had our first major snow fall, and it snowed for the whole week.  I thought I would include a photo of Cooper on the tree stump, taken on November 15, 2014, and the same photo taken today.  Same time, last year.  What a difference a year makes.  By the time the snow was done, we had two feet of snow on our roof.  We're not complaining....if this weather keeps up until the end of November, we will have had one less month of Winter to deal with this year.  That makes me so happy!

I haven't started my Christmas baking yet but I will in a few weeks.  In the meantime, I am making a list of what I want to bake....some old favourites and a few new ones.  Most of the baking I make is for sharing with friends and family but we do indulge ourselves in a few bites here and there.  That is why we work out so hard after all.

Not much else is going on. This coming week will bring another trip to Toronto and an overnight stay for Cooper at Camp Talemaker.  Russell and I always look forward to this get away, so does the Coop!

I leave you with a few photos that Russell took of the Coop....he was practicing his lighting so he used Cooper as his "subject".  Russell also captured a fox that was out for a stroll on our septic berm and a beautiful sunrise.

I wish you all a great week.  May it be a peaceful one.

Cooper on his 'stump' November 15...no snow, 2015.

Cooper on his 'stump' November 15...plenty of snow, 2014.

The neighbourhood red fox navigating the septic berm.

Mr. Coop in the foyer awash in natural light.

Lounging...actually posing for his Daddy.

Moments before full sunrise as seen on the back deck.




No comments:

Post a Comment