Pageviews l

Sunday 29 November 2015

Christmas Tree Trimming

Happy Sunday to all!  Ours is cloudy but not cold.  The snow that we got last Sunday is all gone, not a flake left on the ground.  We had a lot of rain this past week and some pretty mild temperatures.  Crazy weather.

This past week was quiet but good.  We bought our Christmas trees and they were delivered on Friday.  They are Fraser Fir and they smell so good.  The outside tree is about 8 feet tall and the inside is 7 feet.  Today is the day I trim the tree, right after I'm done writing my blog.  I already put 400 mini clear lights on the outside tree.  Now I'm waiting for darkness so that I can fuss with the lights.....and Russell will attest to that.  I will look at the tree from different angles, including from our kitchen window,  and rearrange those lights until I am completely satisfied that they are perfectly in place....that is, until the deer find the tree and start nibbling on it and move all the lights!

All the decorations are ready to go and I also have 400 mini clear lights for the inside tree.  Cooper has sniffed the tree once and that's it.  All is good he says.

The Christmas Music Channel is now on, as of today.  I love the Holiday music although I find some of the songs a little nostalgic at times.  I haven't started the baking yet but I bought all the ingredients, so I'm one step closer.  It's all coming together.

December is just around the corner.  Amazing that this year is just about done. We will be going to Montreal for Christmas this year.  We look forward to it.  In almost two months, Russell and I will be heading for Mayan Riviera for a little Winter getaway.  We are returning to the same place we went to last June, The Royal Hideway Playacar.  Can't wait!

This is a short blog as I'm anxious to start trimming the tree!  I only have two photos this week and one is of Russell sporting his new look.  He grew his beard for "Movember" and wasn't going to keep it. But I will say that I like it a lot.  I think it makes him look quite "Sean Connery-ish".  So, it's a keeper, at least for now.  Photos of our interior Christmas decorations and tree in next week's blog.

I wish you all a great week.


Russell and Cooper pose for a Movember selfie.

Ice flows down the granite on the Huntsville Summit Center road.





No comments:

Post a Comment