Pageviews l

Sunday 9 August 2015

It was a wonderful visit!

I hope you are all enjoying a nice Sunday.  Our weather is spectacular, truly a beautiful Summer day.  I am actually writing my blog out on the deck, while enjoying the beautiful sunshine, warm weather....and a glass of wine.

Well, my parents came and went and their stay with us went by much too quickly.  We had a great time and it was truly a wonderful visit.  The weather cooperated although a bit cool. We spent some good quality time just chatting away, reminiscing about the past and looking at some old pictures.....all the way back to when my parents got engaged.  We had some nice lunches out and some nice dinners that I prepared, with my sous-chef Russell who did the barbecuing with his sous-sous-chef Cooper who got to do some tasting....Cooper was his usual self, a very welcoming host.  Every morning, he couldn't wait to go upstairs to wake my parents up.  He literally ran up the stairs to the loft, his tail happily whipping the bedroom door with excitement.   My parents' visit was somewhat saddened on Wednesday afternoon when we learned that my cousin Randy passed away from cancer that very afternoon.  He was only 53.  He was my dad's brother's son.  Very sad but he is in a much better place now.  It was actually comforting to be together when we learned of the news, and it made us all realize, once again, that life is short.

So, we're back to our normal routine.  We've had some good walks with the Coop this weekend and I went back to the gym.  It's all good.

This coming week is shaping up to be a bit busy.  Coop has his annual "wellness" exam tomorrow with Dr. Jason, our wonderful vet.  I have a bone density test on Wednesday and I'm actually looking forward to the results.  I suspect that they will be good given my workouts.  We are planning to have lunch with our good friend Patricia on Thursday.  It will be nice to see her again. Oh, and our car is in the shop...the air conditioning broke down so we have a rental for a week.

That's it for this week's blog.  I leave you with a few pictures that I took of my parents's visit.  I will cherish those memories forever. I'm also adding a little video that my brother took when my parents got off the train in Dorval.  It's good to go away but it's also good to come home! I wish you all a great week!



Mom and Dad enjoying some time on the deck.

Mom and Dad with Russell with refreshing drinks in hand.

Nothing better than Muskoka style deck time.

Lunch at the Cafe Wilgress in Huntsville.

Cooper doing what he does best...napping!










No comments:

Post a Comment