Pageviews l

Sunday 2 August 2015

It was a hot one!


Summer sure was present this past week in a big way.  Very hot and very sunny.  Dare I say a tad too hot perhaps but I am not complaining.  In a few months from now, I will wish for those temperatures.

It was a quiet week and the heat kind of gave us an excuse for not doing much.  We both made our normal trips to the gym but that's about it.  Coop didn't have any walks until Thursday.  It was way too hot for his little paws.

I am thoroughly enjoying my personal training sessions with AJ.  He is a great trainer and very conscientious.  He pays attention to my form and makes sure that I do not hurt myself.  Having said this, I could barely walk this morning when I got out of bed.  The leg presses from Friday were really kicking in.  I did go to my Bootcamp class just the same and it actually felt good to loosen up those leg muscles.  I am a little closer to achieving my goal of doing a couple of chin ups all by myself.  Maybe by Christmas?

So, this is the beginning of August already.  We saw our first back to school commercials on TV one night last week.  Russell also informed me, with glee,  that the NFL pre-season starts on August 9 with the Hall of Fame game.  Week 1 with all teams on August 13.  I know a few people who are excited about this.... me, not so much.  Today, I went to the grocery store.  I was shocked to see pots of Fall Mums already for sale.  Really???

Today is a bit busy for me.  I am getting ready for my parents' visit this week.  They will come down by train on Tuesday, from Dorval to Oshawa, where we will pick them up.  It will be a nice relaxing trip for them, no stress from driving.  Cooper is super excited to see them, especially to wake them up in the morning as he did when they came last year.  It will be really nice to see them again and to spend some quality time together.

That's it for this week's blog. The rest of the day will be spent relaxing after I water our flowers.  We haven't had any rain for quite some time and some of our pots already look like they've  had it with Summer.....maybe I should buy some Fall Mums after all!

I leave you with three pictures.  One that I took last Wednesday of four deer eating our clover in the back.  When Summer  started, we had a thick, rich green carpet of clover.  No more. I also took a pic of the Coop one night last week.  He was out cold, on his favourite chair.  Finally, someone took a picture of that Bootcamp class that I went too a few weeks ago, which took place in the "sandbox" and posted it on Facebook.  All you can see of me is the lower half of my right leg....behind the person with the yellow T-shirt.  I was doing push ups on a tire......


The resident deer lunching on our clover patch.

Cooper snug in his favorite chair after a long hot day.

FITT Gym Bootcamp in the sand....flip those tires!

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment