Pageviews l

Sunday 19 July 2015

Havanese Heaven!

Happy Sunday everyone!  Another week has come and gone and that week ended with the Annual Havanese Picnic, held yesterday in Brighton.  I don't know exactly how many Havanese dogs attended the picnic but there were lots of them, of all sizes, ages, colours and personalities.  Cooper was by far the biggest but that didn't stop the others from playing with him. He arrived all clean from his bath on Friday and within minutes his little paws were all mucked up.  That's OK because he had a great time and played his heart out.

It was truly a fun day for the families and their pooches.  It was nice to see the people that we have come to know over the years, some that we already knew and some with whom I have had a relationship only through Darlah's blog.  The weather was perfect, sunny and quite warm.  The pop up tents provided plenty of shade and the dogs had many water bowls to choose from.  It was a potluck picnic so everyone brought something different.  The food was delicious.  I include only a few of the 92 pictures that Russell took.  They were all so good, it was hard to choose some for the blog.  I also include the group picture that was taken.  We are not in it as we had to leave early in order to make the three hour trek back home....but it was worth the drive to Brighton!

Not much else is happening.  The weather has been pretty decent lately so we are enjoying it.  We have been watching the Pan Am Games and are very proud of how well our Canadians are doing.

This week is shaping up to be busy.  For starters, I start training with a personal trainer this week, twice a week.  I thought it was time to step it up a notch so I decided to sign up for two private sessions per week.  I met with my trainer last Friday to discuss my goals, etc.  His name is AJ and I think he will really push me.  One goal that I have is to be able to do a chin up at some point....when I'm able to do one, I will let you all know!

We are off to Toronto on Thursday for our hair appointments, then dinner at Sassafraz on Thursday night.  Friday, we will be going to Cobourg to meet with an old acquaintance, one of my former bosses.  We will stay overnight and come back to Huntsville Saturday.  This, of course, means that the Coop will be spending a few days at Camp Talemaker.  Lucky boy!

That's it for this week's blog.  I wish you all a great week!


The official Annual Havanese Picnic welcoming committee!

Cooper loves Nathan and he thinks he smells treats.

A little break in the action on Anne's lap...lucky boy!

Cooper says......lets run some more!

Who has treats?

BBFs...Spice and Cooper keep an eye on new arrivals.

Looks someone new is arriving...1, 2, 3 BARK!

Cooper says....I'll inspect that tray of food if you like.

The Havanese and their owners...for the last shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment