Pageviews l

Sunday 12 July 2015

Full bloom season!

Happy Sunday everyone!  What a glorious Summer day we have today.  It is a repeat of yesterday, and more of it on the way this week.  Our plants and pots are now in full bloom.  Time to enjoy the colours that Summer flowers bring.

This past week was a pretty good one but busy.  I started the week by having my annual physical. All is good on that front.  I am still dealing with some issues with my right thigh but it seems to be improving slightly. I have been careful when working out and have been stretching a lot.  I suppose one could say that the best way to heal is to give my leg a rest....easier said than done.  On that note, on Friday, my Bootcamp class was outside, in the sand, bare feet.  Now, that was a tough class and I sweated a whole lot but I truly enjoyed it.

We went for a number of walks with the Coop, including one yesterday.  We didn't realize that the sidewalks would be that hot and only noticed it when I gave Cooper some water.   He was lifting his paws due to the heat of the ashphalt.  Poor little thing.  We turned around and made a beeline for the car.  It is as hot outside today so we decided to stay put and just relax.  After I write my blog, I will be heading for the deck to catch some rays.

Oh, and on Friday, while Cooper was being groomed,  Russell and I had an ice cream.....first one this season. I had "Death by Chocolate" and Russell had "Irish Cream". It was yummy!

Not much else to report.  We are having a nice Summer so far but it seems to be going way too fast.  Next Saturday, weather permitting, we will be going to the annual Havanese picnic, organized by Nathan, Darlah and two of their friends.  It will be held in Brighton.  A long drive but it will be so much fun.  We are really hoping for nice weather.

I hope you are all having a nice Summer.  Have a great week everyone!   Terri and I are having a girl's lunch on Tuesday, and Russell and John are having a guys breakfast on Wednesday!


Front door flower pots with Dahlias in full bloom.

Close up of a Dahlia.

One of 3 front porch hanging baskets from the Diva.

Astilbes on display.

Mr Cooper in his best deck lounge mode.






No comments:

Post a Comment