Pageviews l

Sunday 8 March 2015

The residents of Forest Hill Lane

Happy Sunday everyone!  Hope you had a good night sleep.  Nice to wake up in darkness again but oh so nice to get that extra hour of daylight!  To top this, the forecasted temperatures for each day this week are above 0 Celsius.  Wow, what a week it will be!

Three years ago, the raising of our log home took place.  We were the only "human" residents at the time.  Now, five families live on Forest Hill Lane, with a 6th one due to move in sometime this year.  I thought it was fitting to post pictures of the other "residents" of our road, courtesy of John and Terri.  For the past few weeks, with their trail cam, they have captured pictures of a number of foxes, porcupines, deer and a fisher.  They all seem to follow the same trail and appear quite busy at night, with their comings and goings.  We know, from one picture, where the porcupine's den is.  John actually followed the trail while snowshoeing one day and knew where to install his trail cam.  It's kind of cool to know what goes on in the forest while we're all sleeping.  As long as those critters stay away from our dogs, we're good!

This past week was somewhat subdued. Russell continued to recover from his virus and I think he's pretty much over it now. As for me, well, I should have known that it was a matter of time before I caught something.  So, my week was up and down.  I went to bed last Sunday night feeling like a truck had rolled over me.  Then, on Tuesday, I felt pretty good and stayed that way for a couple of days until Friday when I started feeling under the weather again.  I had to cancel some Bootcamp classes as I had no energy for an intense workout.  Having said this, I tend to bounce back pretty quickly so we did go for some walks with the Coop.  Somehow, getting some fresh air always makes me feel better.

I so look forward to the milder temperatures this week.  Anything above zero is considered mild at this time of year and with the sun being so strong, the snow may just start melting.  I'm hoping we can sit on the deck sometime soon.  Oh yes, Spring is coming!

Today will be a quiet day although I feel like I've done a lot so far.  I've already made a batch of pea soup and a chicken pot pie for dinner tonight.  After lunch, we will go for a walk then come home and chill for the rest of the day.  We're both back at the gym tomorrow.  On Wednesday, Terri and I have a girl's lunch date.  Looking forward to it!  Have a great week.  March break is fast approaching!


A porcupine heading to the den for the day.

A porcupine making a nightly outing.

A fox using the same "Critter Highway" as the porcupine.

The return trip...must have forgot something.

A fisher making its way along the path looking for a snack.

The deer of Forest Hill Lane.

A pileated woodpecker on suet.

No comments:

Post a Comment