Pageviews l

Sunday 1 March 2015

A huge welcome to March!

What a nice feeling it is to know that the "usually" worst two months of the year, weather wise, are behind us.  I know that Winter is not over yet, not by a long shot I'm guessing, but I also know that it doesn't hurt to be positive and hopeful that Spring will soon be here.

Since our return from Barbados, it's been pretty cold but we have had lots of sunshine.  The weather today is nice and relatively mild and more of it on the way this week.  I went for a walk with Cooper after lunch and it was good to feel the warmth of the sun on my face.  Russell stayed home.  He's been under the weather for one week now, some sort of respiratory virus.  He did go to the clinic but there is not much that can be done, other than let it run its course.  He is feeling somewhat better today but not quite himself yet.  Hopefully this will pass in the next few days.  As for me, I am well and hope I don't catch it....

I've been spending some time on the internet looking at different potential locations for our 2016 Winter getaway.  We've been to Barbados more often than I can count, so obviously we love it, but it might be time for a little change.....so we'll see what we come up with.  We also want to go back to Italy in the next few years and are hoping to go to Ireland/Scotland at some point. We haven't been back to Europe since I retired in 2011 so we are now itching to travel again beyond the Caribbean islands.

Not much else is going on with us but lots going on with my parents.  It looks like they have finally sold their house after being on the market for about 8 months.  Not bad considering that only a handful of houses get sold in a given year in that area.  They are happy about it and so are we.  There is always some stress involved in selling a house and I, for one, am glad that this chapter is about to close.  They are truly happy where they live now and have no regret whatsoever about deciding to make the move to rightsize.

That's it for this week's blog. I leave you with a couple of photos that Russell took of the Coop and I as we were going for our walk today and some of Barbados.  Russell truly enjoyed taking pictures of the sunset, which was different every night.  He actually said that if he lived in Barbados year round, he would take a picture of the sunset every night for 365 nights, and each would be different while spectacular.  I wish you all a great week!


A palm hides the setting sun as it casts a golden glow.

Two best seats on the beach for this Barbados sunset.

Two surfers try to catch a final wave before the sun sets.

Right place, right time, sun sets can be a challenge to capture.

The Cliff Restaurant in Barbados....the view from the lounge. An excellent experience.

Anne and Cooper set for a wintery walk.

Down the driveway they go......

No comments:

Post a Comment