Pageviews l

Sunday 11 January 2015

It was a snow week

Happy Sunday everyone!  I hope you all had a great week.  For the Muskoka kids, the return to school after the holidays was short lived.  The kids around here had 4 snow days this past week.  Lucky them!  Unlike places like Toronto, snow days around here are nothing out of the ordinary but to have that many in a row is a little unusual.  The cold temperatures and the non stop snow squalls were the culprit.  I don't know how much snow we got, and quite frankly, I gave up trying to figure it out, but we got a whole lot in one week.  Oh Barbados....you are just a few weeks away!

Needless to say we spent a good part of this past week clearing the snow from the front and back decks, Coop's yard and the cars. We do have a small electric snowblower but honestly, it is easier and faster to shovel than to use it. Thank goodness we have someone doing our driveway. I snowshoed my way to the shed so that we could get the firewood and to the satellite dish in order to remove the snow from it.  Snow on the dish means no television.

Despite the bad weather, we both made it to the gym.  Call us crazy but Barbados is just around the corner.....Russell had his physical on Monday and all is good.  When we moved to Huntsville, we both registered with the Nurse Practitioner Clinic since we couldn't find a family doctor so this was Russell's first physical with the Clinic and he was impressed.  He had the most comprehensive physical exam ever.

As for me, I had my first eye exam since moving here.  It went well except for the fact that I drove home in a snowstorm with dilated pupils.  Not the smartest thing to do.  Now I wait for my new glasses.

Not much else is new for us.  We are kind of in a lull right now, waiting for the next snow storm and waiting for our trip......the latter sounds far more exciting!

Cooper is doing great.  He hasn't had too many walks this past week due to the cold and snow, although we did go for a walk on Friday and today, and he went to doggie day care on Thursday for a few hours.  But earlier this past week, he was going out just to do his business, in and out very quickly.  He is very smart.....he doesn't want to be outside any more than we do when the weather is bad.

That's about it for today.  It is a quiet Sunday. Russell is watching football, which is getting exciting at this time of year, or so I hear.  Cooper is having a nap and I just baked some yummy molasses cookies.  I include a few pictures that Russell took between snow squalls.  Have a great week everyone!

Cooper surveys the growing piles of snow!

Snow squalls moving in across the lakes.

The screened porch is open for cocktails and excellent views!

No comments:

Post a Comment