Pageviews l

Sunday 21 December 2014

Christmas Wishes to all!

Here we are, December 21, 2014.  The Winter Solstice and just a few days before Christmas.  For many, this will be a busy week.  Kids all over the world are getting excited and hope that Santa will be good to them.  As for us, we are ready for Christmas.  It will be a quiet one, just the three of us.  I will be preparing a few special meals, we will be watching some good old Christmas movies and Russell will have a nice fire going.  We will be doing "Facetime" with my family on Thursday.  Not quite the same as seeing them in person but it will be nice to see everyone's face.

This past week was, shall I say, "crappy".  Our little Cooper came down with a case of dietary indiscretion, as the vet calls it.  I will spare you the details but, for 48 hours, every 3 hours, the Coop was "indisposed".  As you can imagine, with any dog, this is not fun, but when your dog has a long coat like Cooper, well, let's just say that we made good use of our laundry tub, day and night.  We did go to the vet and he was given some antibiotics as well as some probiotic powder that we sprinkle on his food.  It took him longer than anticipated to recover but yesterday morning, at 4:30 am, he gave us an early Christmas present:  two nicely formed Yule logs!  I am happy to say that he is back to his old self and we resumed our walks with him yesterday afternoon.

Today, we went to Arrowhead Park for a nice walk in the forest and we bought our Winter Pass.  The park opened its Winter season on Friday.  It is a great place to go for walks, snowshoeing, cross country skiing and skating.  We plan on making good use of the park in the next few months.

All is good for Russell and I.  A few more workouts until Christmas then we will take a short break....I will resume my Bootcamp on December 27.  No rest for the wicked.

This ends my blog for today.  I include two pictures that Russell took.  One of Cooper by the Christmas tree and another one which we find quite special.  Russell took that photo of Cooper one year ago and we put it in this cute frame that I found in Huntsville.  With a Christmas teddy bear around it,  it makes for a special Christmas picture.

Russell, Cooper and I wish you all a wonderful Christmas.  May it be a very happy one!


Cooper asking...how much longer do I have to pose?!

Waiting patiently for Christmas....the Coop is ready!





No comments:

Post a Comment