Pageviews l

Sunday 28 December 2014

Christmas came and went...

Amazing to think that Christmas is behind us for another year.  This year, for some reason, it seemed to have come and gone really quickly.  We had a nice one nonetheless, quiet, just the three of us.  We did "Facetime" with my family and it was nice to see them, even from a distance. We will do it again on New Year's Day.  The weather wasn't the best so we stayed in all day and just lounged around.  Although we had planned to watch some movies, we didn't, but we did watch the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular Show that we have on DVD.  We saw the show in New York City a few years ago and just loved it.  It is a great show to watch, especially on Christmas Day.  Those Rockettes sure have nice legs!

Boxing Day was also quiet and we spent the day relaxing.  It was actually nice to just do nothing.  Yesterday,  I went back to the gym and life was back to normal, until New Year's Eve that is....

We haven't seen the sun much lately, although it did come out today for a little bit.  It sure doesn't feel like a typical Muskoka Winter.  We have no snow to speak of and the temperatures are mild.  So much so that the Arrowhead Provincial Park has been closed for the past few days due to the slushy conditions. The temperatures will drop this week so hopefully the park will reopen tomorrow or Tuesday. I do not mind if the weather turns cold but I want the sun badly.

Cooper also had a nice Christmas.  He didn't have much to do other than get a few special treats and lounge around.  Such is a dog's life!

Not much is going on for us this week.  We hope to stay up until Midnight on New Year's Eve but I'm not holding my breath....As for New Year's Day, Russell will be watching the College Bowl Games and I will be cooking a turkey.  I didn't think to buy a turkey before Christmas, thinking that I could easily find one this week.  My mistake....oh I did find one, one of 5 left at the grocery store.  And a big one...a 20 lb one!  But I bought it anyway so lots of leftovers will be had!

I leave you with two pictures.  One is a collage of Christmas decorations that my brother Francois,  sister Lynn and I, as well as my two nephews, Sean and James, made over the years.   My parents put them up every year at Christmas.   The one that I made is at the bottom left corner.  I was 5 years old when I made this work of art!  Those are nice memories to treasure.  The other picture is of the Coop  lounging on Christmas Day.

I wish you all a great week and hope that your New Year's Celebrations are great!  I will write again in 2015!
Memories of Christmas past.....

Did I hear someone say, it is treat time...guess I'll get up!











No comments:

Post a Comment