Pageviews l

Sunday 14 September 2014

The Heat Is On

This morning, we woke up to an outside temperature of +3 celsius.  In our bedroom, it was 58 F.  In the rest of the house, a mere 60 F.  So, I had no choice but to agree with Russell to turn on our heating system.  As I am writing this blog, the whole house has now reached a more comfortable temperature of 64 F and the geothermal unit with radiant heated floors is doing its thing.  We have lived in this house for over two years now and we've never had to turn on the heat before October 1.  I truly hope this is temporary and that we will be getting warm weather again before Winter sets in.  It seems too early to be that cold.  Oh well, it is what it is.

This past week was good.  I started my FitBody Bootcamp on Monday and I absolutely love the workout for a couple of reasons.  First, it is an intense total body workout. No muscle is left untouched. Second, this workout is done in only 30 minutes, non stop.   I am amazed at how much we do in such a short amount of time.  Not to mention how much I sweat.  Oh yes, lots of sweating going on.  The class size can be anywhere between 4 to 15 people, depending on the time of day.  I was always skeptical about this type of workout but I'm sure glad I signed up for the 6 week bootcamp. It is fun, challenging and it makes me feel good.

Russell is doing well and continues his workouts with his trainer.  He thought about doing the bootcamp but with his back and knee issues, his trainer does not recommend it.  Good call.

The leaves are starting to change quite rapidly.  The chipmunks and the squirrels are very busy gathering food, especially acorns,  for the Winter.  This year, we have tons and tons of acorns in our oak trees.  The branches are so heavy with them that they break and fall in the Coop's backyard, much to his delight.  Cooper loves retrieving acorns.  It's his favorite game.  We throw an acorn at him, he gets it, tries to crack it and will drop it when we say "drop".  Then we start again.  Fun!

Our Coop is doing well.  He is such a good dog.  We had friends over yesterday and they noticed a change in him in terms of maturity.  Sure, he is still a crazy pup but he is much calmer now when we have visitors.  Having said this, he loves playing with people and loves showing off his tricks, which he did last night.

Last week, I promised you a video that I took of the fawn with the "parents" not too far behind.  So here it is, thanks to Russell who put it together for me this morning. This fawn was born in early May and is already quite grown. Not sure if it's a female or male, I haven't been close enough to find out....but it is not afraid of being close to our house.  I saw it again just outside our kitchen window after lunch.  No doubt it is getting in shape with the hopes that Santa will choose him as part of his Christmas crew.  Enjoy!

This is it for my blog this week.  I wish you all great week and stay warm!



No comments:

Post a Comment