Pageviews l

Sunday 7 September 2014

Summer is still hanging on...

Nothing pleases me more than a sunny day, no matter what the season. Do I prefer the warm seasons over Winter? Probably yes, but give me sun in the Winter, and I'm a happy camper.  Having said this, today is a glorious Summer day and the same is forecasted for the next few days.  So far, September has been quite nice and I expect that we will have a beautiful Fall.  This time of year brings a lot of nice smells and colours, be it the smell of the leaves turning red, the smell of the fall potpourri that we have in our house now,  the beautiful Fall mums which we bought today.  I am not trying to rush Summer out but it is nice to slowly transition into the next season.  That is what living in Canada is all about.

This morning, we noticed a beautiful Monarch on our front door.  Russell was able to take a picture.  I just looked outside and it is still there. We have been in and out of the door all day and it hasn't moved.  It is most likely resting, preserving its energy before the long flight to Mexico for the Winter. Nature at its best.

All is good for us and we had a good week.  Our clover patch in the back is growing nicely as you can see from the picture.  I am quite happy with it.  It is covering a whole area which used to be covered with tall weeds.  It is nice and thick.  There are a few small spots that need reseeding and I will do that this week.  When we planted the clover, we didn't realize that the deer LOVE clover.... how silly of me to plant something that the deer love.  It seems, however, that they prefer other plant materials such as wild flowers and ordinary grass.  They have been on the clover patch on more than one occasion and they have not touched it.  Surely they know it's there..... I have to say that the deer  are truly brazen and not afraid of us in the least.  They have been hanging around our house a lot lately, including the baby fawn.  I took a video of the fawn outside our deck, he/she was watching me and didn't move.  I hope to include the video in my blog next week.

Today the Ironman 70.3 Muskoka is taking place in Huntsville.  For those who are not familiar with 70.3, it is the number of miles that the athletes cover during this triathlon.  We went for a walk on Fairy Vista trail, along Highway 60, and we watched many athletes complete the final leg of the triathlon, which is the run.  It started with the Swim event at Deerhurst Resort, followed by the Cycling event in Dwight, and the Run in Huntsville.  We saw people of all ages and shapes taking place in this event.  Amazing to watch their endurance and strength. Congratulations to all for competing today!

While on the topic of shape.....tomorrow I start a 6 week Fit Body Bootcamp Challenge at our gym in Huntsville.  This Bootcamp formula is not unique to our gym and is being used in many gyms around the world.  It is a 30 minute, high intensity interval training and I have registered for 4 sessions each week.  About 20 people signed up for this 6 week challenge.  I thought it was time for me to switch up my workout and do something different.  We shall see how it turns out.  Stay tuned....

My parents are doing well and are getting ready to move. Although their house has not sold yet, they will be moving to their new condo by the third week of October.  We will be helping out during that time. It will be a new beginning for them and they look forward to it.

This is it for this week's blog.  It is almost 5 pm and I have to get Cooper's dinner ready.....on the menu tonight:  1/4 Cup of Lamb and Lentils Grain-Free Fromm kibbles and 5 dental kibbles.  Yummy!

Have a great week everyone!

Monarch resting before the long migration!

Clover on the septic burm - see any of 4 leafed ones. Mine!

Deer looking at all that clover...wondering whats for dinner?!







No comments:

Post a Comment