Pageviews l

Sunday 13 July 2014

A rainy Sunday turned somewhat sunny

We woke up today to lots of rain, very heavy at times.  Then, just a little while ago, the sun came out for a bit.  It figures.  Today, we had planned on having Scruffy and Pepper and their human parents over for a visit.  Coop was excited at the thought of playing with them.  We all debated whether or not to postpone until next weekend.  In the end, that is what we did.  In hindsight, the day wouldn't have been a total wash out, but it certainly didn't look good this morning.  So, next Saturday, we will have our get together.  I ordered up some sun so we should be good.

I also hope for some nice weather towards the end of next week as the agility trials will be going on at Muskoka Agility Dogs from July 18 to the 20th.  I have volunteered a few hours of my time to help out and I will use that opportunity to see what it's all about.  Cooper and I are not quite ready to participate in trials yet but we may be one day so this will be good exposure for me.  On that note, I am spending a few minutes each day trying to teach Cooper on how to weave.  I have downloaded a few videos to help me figure out the best way to teach this agility skill.  It can take weeks, sometimes even months, for a dog to learn how to weave.  There is no big rush but it would be nice for the Coop to have this last agility skill under his belt.

This past week was relatively quiet.  The weather wasn't the best, some rain, some cool weather, a little bit of sunshine.  I spent the better part of two days weeding a large area near the septic burm.  I literally weeded, on my hands and knees, and pulled every weed there was to pull.  We then put down some clover seed.  This morning, I looked out and I could see a small patch of green.  I didn't think that the clover would grow so quickly.  We will put down more seed this week.  Our goal is to have that whole area covered with enough clover to choke out the weeds.

About a year ago, we had a woodshed built.  The barn doors to the shed were made and installed last month.  Russell stained them yesterday.  It is looking very good.  I thought it would be fun to post a picture of what the shed looked like one year ago and what it looks like today.  I can also see how our plants have grown since last year.  They are coming along nicely.

Not much else is going on other than hoping for nicer weather.  I wish you all a great week ahead.


Basic 10' by 20' woodshed/storage shed in rough cut pine.

Same shed one year later, stained barn red with sliding Z doors and lots of plants!

No comments:

Post a Comment