Pageviews l

Sunday 6 April 2014

New Wheels on Forest Hill Lane!

Happy Sunday everyone!  I hope you are enjoying the beautiful sunshine and warm weather, at least that is what we have here in Huntsville.  Spring has finally arrived and it shows.  The snow is  melting at a rapid pace.  We still have some but it is going away very fast. Even better, our Springtails seem to have disappeared.  I think this is it:  we are finally done with Old Man Winter....

We got back from our Montreal trip a few hours ago.  Our trip actually started last Thursday, with a first stop in Mississauga, after dropping off the Coop at Camp Talemaker.  In Mississauga is where we picked up our new wheels.  We decided to trade in our Ford F150 for a brand new Ford Explorer.  Although we liked the pick up truck, we always thought that it was a big beast to drive.  Now seemed like a good time to make the change so we did it.  We like it very much and are happy with our decision.

Our trip to Montreal went very well.  Russell and I got to visit my parents' new condo and we were very impressed. It is spacious with lots of windows and nicely laid out.  We measured all the rooms, closets and kitchen cupboards.  We also did a first attempt at trying to figure out what existing furniture will and will not fit in their new place.  I think my parents have a better idea now as to what they will be able to move. There is still lots to do and we will be helping them along the way.  The next step for them is to put their current house up for sell.  This will be done sometime in May.  They are excited and at the same time apprehensive. Moving is a big deal no matter how we look at it.  This will be their first move since they built their house 53 years ago.  Needless to say that the whole process is overwhelming.  But the family will be there to support them every step of the way.  All that we ask of them is not to overdo it.  Mom and Dad, when you read this blog, please remember this!

While in Montreal, we went to the cemetery to pay a visit to Russell's parents.  We brought some nice tulips which added a nice touch of Spring.  Russell did not get to visit his aunt as she was not feeling well.  We hope she gets better soon.

This past week also brought the opening of a brand new Winners Store in Huntsville.  I went to the pre-opening with my friend Terri on Wednesday. I have to say that Winners is not my favorite store, however,  I never realized that it had such a variety of merchandise.  I did find hair product that I use all the time, half price.  I also found some Lamaze toys for the Talemaker puppies.  So, I will probably go back and check out the store once a while, on a rainy day.

That's about it for this week's blog.  As I am writing this, Cooper is sleeping soundly next to me.  He had a great time at Camp Talemaker, played with his favorite gals, and other friends, so he is very tired now.  I will have to wake him up soon for his dinner....I wish you all a great week!


New 2014 Ford Explorer....nice ride and stylish too!



No comments:

Post a Comment