Pageviews l

Sunday 19 January 2014

Wintery day

For a second there, I thought Winter was over.  We almost went a whole week without snow until today.  It is a wintery and blustery day out there.  We did not expect a lot of precipitation but because it is drifting snow, it looks like we are getting a lot.  We had planned on going snowshoeing today but decided against it.  Instead, we are spending the day in front of the fireplace, cozy and warm.

This past week was good. I went to my new gym every day and I must say that I like it.  As much as I was disappointed when GoodLife closed in December, I am happy that I chose FITT Gym as my new workout place.  Change is good and my motivation level is high.  Could it be because we are going to Barbados in a few weeks?  Maybe...

We walked a lot this week but the snow trails are not as good as they were a few weeks ago,  As a result, it is harder to walk on snow and Russell actually over extended his knee while walking.  He also fell on ice and hurt his knee and elbow. He was carrying Cooper in his arms when he fell and the Coop fell on top of Russell, lucky for him.  As for Russell, he is recovering nicely from his fall but he needs to watch that knee.  The small meltdown that we had in the past week, mixed with some winds and cold air, has caused many areas to ice up.  One morning, we even had a flash freeze in a matter of hours and had to wait for the sand truck before we could go anywhere.

Not much else is going on.  We rented two movies this week:  World War Z and The Bucket List.  Both movies were quite good.  We may watch The Butler this week.  We are now in countdown mode for our trip and we look forward to it.  It will be nice to go back to Barbados.  We haven't been in 6 years. We used to go almost every year for the longest time.

Cooper is doing well.  He is now 32 months.  I remember when we brought him home, he was only 6 months old.  We enjoy going on walks with him and he likes it too.  He gets excited when it's time to put his boots on.  He is such a good sport and has such a good personality.  We are so thankful to have him in our lives. We will miss our Coop terribly when we are away.  The longest that we have ever been away from him is 4 nights.  Having said this, he will be having a great time at Camp Talemaker.  It will be a fun filled vacation for him.

That's about it for my blog this week.  It is still snowing but I think I see the skies clearing.....Russell has a nice fire going.  He will be watching football soon, the last two games before Superbowl.  I wish you all a great week.

Cooper loves a  nice stiff breeze....so refreshing!

Cooper knows you can't spit into the wind or other things too!

Blowing snow...low visibility up on our hill.

Cooper is determined to shake off Winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment