Pageviews l

Sunday 15 September 2013

The Underwear Bandit strikes again....

When I woke up this morning, I was wondering how I would start my blog this week. I had in mind to start on a happy or funny note but wasn't sure how to do it.  Then, I saw Cooper going through the laundry basket and, once again, he was running away with my underwear.  He landed on one of his favorite chairs and was having a ball.  So I took a picture and voila!  No matter what happens in our lives, we can always count on the Coop to make us laugh.

It is cloudy today. For us, it is a day to sit in front of the fire place, read a book, listen to music or watch a football game. Russell has had a fire going since this morning. It is also a day to think about Russell's Mom, Terry.  We got back from Montreal yesterday, after spending some good quality time visiting with her. She was told that she has between 4 and 8 weeks to live.  We know it is not an exact science and only one person will decide when it is time for her to join her soul mate.  We had a good visit and, to quote her, "we got things done".  Terry has always be a very pragmatic woman.  So, despite her prognosis, she wanted to get certain things done now so that she can spend the rest of her time with her family without worrying about those things.  So, when we got to Montreal, Russell and I were ready to face the music.  We are also pragmatic and organized people so helping Russell's Mom get things done was fairly easy, albeit not without emotions.  I would be remiss if I didn't mention Darlene, Russell's sister, who has been a huge help to her Mom in more ways than one.  Lorraine, Terry's sister,  has also been by her side.  She will be transferred to palliative care tomorrow.  We plan on going back to Montreal next week.

While in Montreal, we stayed at my parents' house and Darlene stayed at her Mom's place.  It was nice to visit with my parents, although I wish it was under better circumstances. During our absence, Cooper was having his usual fun at Talemaker Camp.  We picked him up yesterday and he showered us with kisses.  We missed him while we were away.

This coming week will be a bit busy as we want to get a few things done around the house before we go back to Montreal.  If the weather is nice, I may be able to finish mulching. I also need to prune back some plants. Who knows, we may even get a boat ride in if the weather cooperates.  That's about it for this week's blog. I wish you all a good week.


Cooper on one of his favourite chairs....with what else, undies to chew.


No comments:

Post a Comment