Pageviews l

Saturday 21 September 2013

Soggy Saturday

It has rained all day so far, including all of last night.  It is soggy out there but nice and comfy in the house.  Russell has had a fire going since early this morning.  Cooper doesn't like the rain much so he has only ventured outside to do his business.  Given this soggy day, I thought I would include two pictures of the Coop:  one with his Tilley Hat, ready for the rain, and another one taken at the end of August by Darlah, when Cooper went swimming.  In this picture, he is posing with Roxie, one of his two girlfriends (the other one is Brenna from his doggy day care).  He is such a lover boy!  As for me, today was a day to do a bit of house cleaning and some baking.  Don't know why I'm in the mood for baking as I usually only bake at Christmas.  So, those of you who are getting some freshly baked cookies, consider yourselves lucky....  I normally only give out baking goods in December :-)

Russell's Mom was transferred to palliative care on Monday and he has been in touch with her daily since.  His sister has been by her side for most of the time.  As for us, we are going to Montreal tomorrow (hence Saturday blog) to spend some time with her.  Today, I made Terry her favorite cake, carrot cake.  I will bring her a few pieces tomorrow.  We will stay at my parents' house and get to spend a bit of time with them also.  We will drop off Cooper at Talemaker Camp, again.  He must think that he is spending a lot of time there lately but he loves it so it's a good thing. And, bonus, he will get to see Roxie again!

This past week was a bit quiet but good nonetheless.  We didn't go boating but we did manage to go for a few walks.  The leaves are really starting to change. It is such a nice time of year.  I also managed to get some mulching done.  I am making progress, slowly but surely.  The flower beds are looking nice and refreshed with the thick coat of mulch.

I don't have much else to write about.  Our lives are a little bit in limbo right now.  That is what life is all about sometimes.

Roxie and the Coop after a refreshing dip in the pool.
Cooper sporting his Tilley...ready for the rain.

Tomorrow marks the start of a new season.  I hope you enjoy all that Fall brings.  Have a great week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment