Pageviews l

Sunday 11 August 2013

Quiet Sunday and week ahead

For the first time in a long time, we have nothing planned for this coming week.  No appointments, no agility class, no visitors. It is actually nice to have the week "open" so that we can just do things on the spur of the moment.  Russell and I will have our regular fitness classes but that's about it.  The forecast so far looks very promising so perhaps boating, gardening and staining the shed will be on the menu.

We are done with our agility classes for this year.  There is a fun match and pot luck for all the dogs and their families on Labour Day Monday.  We may attend, depending on what we have going on that weekend.  The last agility trials will be held third weekend of September and I plan on attending just to see what it's all about.  Other than that, that is it until next May.  Cooper will then be at level two.  It was a fun thing to do this summer and it was a great way to strengthen the bond and trust between Cooper and us.

Yesterday, we bought more plants, Blue Catmint.....yep, I still have more planting to do.  I did say that it was a never ending project.  The deer so far haven't eaten that plant.... however, we woke up one morning this past week to find out that the deer had eaten the beautiful red flowers of our Crocosmia Lucifer.  We had planned on taking a picture as the flower is truly spectacular, so much so that the deer couldn't resist it.  You gotta love them!

On Tuesday, Mike, a former colleague from work, came to visit us.  I hadn't seen him since I retired.  It was fun to see him again.  On Thursday, we had lunch with our friend Patricia, at Windermere House.  We talked and talked for a couple of hours, on the patio, overlooking Lake Rosseau.  What a great way to spend an afternoon.

I have been dealing with a case of plantar fasciitis on my left heel.  I don't know how I got it but it can be quite painful at times and it makes walking a tad difficult.  The worst day was Thursday, and I know I aggravated it by taking a step class at the gym that morning.  Silly me, I should have known that jumping up and down wouldn't be good for my heel.  I followed Russell's advice and bought myself a small, hard rubber ball which I use to stretch the tendon.  I have already seen a huge improvement.  So, I guess I can take that step class again this coming Thursday.  Yay!

Summer is going by way too fast and you know that Fall is just around the corner when the garden centres have mums for sale.  I nearly freaked out yesterday when I saw them.  Having said this, and not wishing Winter to be here too soon, we booked our Winter getaway a few days ago.  We will be going back to Barbados.  We haven't been in 5 years so we look forward to returning to that beautiful island.

That's about it for this week's blog. I attach a picture of Cooper chilling on the deck.  Like us, he will be having a quiet week.  I wish you all a great week ahead.

Cooper on his deck...it is a dogs life!


P.S.  As I was about to post this blog, we had an impromptu visitor:  Matt's mom, Sylvia.  She wanted to see for herself the beautiful house that her son built as well as the fireplace and stone floors that her other son, John, did. She was truly impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment