Pageviews l

Sunday 28 July 2013

One year ago.....

It's hard to believe that July 26 marked one year since the day we moved to Huntsville.  I honestly do not know where the year went.  The move brought many changes to our lives and many new happenings.  One year later, we feel completely at home in Huntsville and have no regrets about the move.  We are making new memories and new friends. Let's not forget our Cooper who has adapted very well to the country life and has also made new friends.   It's been good all around.  I include the link to a video that Russell made yesterday morning.  When we left Mississauga, I had taken some video shots of the actual move but never got around to making a video.  We thought this would be a good way to cap off the past year.  I hope you enjoy it.

Yesterday, Matt and Casey, and their young apprentices, Sam and Lazlo, built our shed.  Matt designed the shed with Russell in mind:  timber frame, lots of space to store tools and wood.  It is 10 feet by 20 feet.  The wood shed portion is open to allow the wood to dry.  It has a 3 bush cord capacity.  The tool shed portion will be enclosed with a sliding barn door.  The roof will be shingled.  It will be stained by Russell in oxblood red.  All will be completed in early fall.  Great job guys!  I attach a few pictures that we took.  Sam is Matt's son and Lazlo is Sam's friend.

We started this past week by celebrating my 45th birthday...(I wish).  We stayed home all day and relaxed.  Russell cooked chicken on the barbecue and we had S'Mores on the fire pit for dessert.  Yum, I don't think I had ever had S'Mores before.  They are delicious.  I had two.......We will not wait for a special occasion to have more, of that I am sure!

The weather has been somewhat cooler, with the nights dropping to single digits for a couple of days.  Good for sleeping.  I did a lot of gardening this week.  I planted 9 Crocosmia plants, deer resistant, of course :-)  I also planted 11 more Coreopsis and I have 23 more to plant tomorrow.  I will say that this is one plant that the deer have not touched.  I hope I am not jinxing it by saying this.  We do love this flower as it is a nice pale yellow, very feathery and blooms all summer and well into the Fall. We use it as a border along the front walkway.  I also weeded all the beds. In the next month or so, we will mulch all the flower beds.

Russell and Cooper are well.  Russell is of course happy to have "his" shed built. He will order the wood soon so that it is nice and dry for the winter.  Cooper is also doing well.  He has two more agility classes coming up and then we will be done for the season.  As Matt was building the shed yesterday, he sat on the front deck with Russell with no leash on.  Russell told him to "stay" and he did.  He spent a good part of the afternoon watching the guys and not once did he attempt to run away.  We gave him a chew toy and he was happy.

That's about it for this week's news. I wish you all a great week leading to the Civic Holiday weekend.

Wood shed/tool shed....competed by Matt and crew 10AM to 6PM.

Sam, Lazlo and Casey erect the frame.

Sam, Lazlo and Casey ride the shed beam!

Matt handing up roof boards...and awesome build by an awesome crew!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment