Pageviews l

Sunday 21 July 2013

Havanese Galore!

I hope you are having a nice Sunday.  The weather is beautiful, sunny, not too warm, and the nights are cooler.  Quite a change from last week.

Our week ended yesterday afternoon with the 2013 Havanese Picnic in Brighton.  It was a lot of fun for both canines and humans.  I don't know how many Havanese dogs were there but there were a lot.  It was fun to see them all play together, free to run in the beautiful fenced in yard of Yvonne and Alex. Thanks to them and Darlah and Nathan for organizing a great picnic.  Unfortunately, Nathan wasn't able to attend as he had to stay home to take care of Spice's new littler.  We missed him but we were fortunate that Darlah was able to come.  It was so nice to see the people that we have come to know over the years and their Havanese dog (s).  Some have two, even three.  I attach some pictures that Russell took.  I am also taking the liberty to attach the group picture that Darlah posted on her blog (I think Steven took it).  Don't try to find us as. Unfortunately, we left before the picture was taken.  We had a long drive back to Huntsville to deal with....

Back to this past week.  We had a good trip to Montreal.  It didn't take long for Cooper to feel at home at my parents' house.  He had the run of the house and the backyard.  He ran along side the pool without going in.  On Thursday, Russell helped his mom move to her new apartment.  The move went relatively well with just a few glitches.  The weather was not the best, with extremely high humidity which made it harder to unpack and put things away, especially with no air conditioning.  While Russell was moving his mom, I was at my parents enjoying the visit of my aunts, which I hadn't seen for 7 years or so.  My sister Lynn and her sons, James and Sean, were also there, as well as my brother Francois.  It was a very nice family reunion.  It was good to see my sister and brother, which I don't get to see often.  On Friday, we had a relaxing day, again while Russell was helping his mom get organized.  I wished I could have helped but my job was to look after the Coop.  I have to say that Cooper was extremely well behaved during our stay in Montreal.  My parents hadn't seen him in almost a year and they noticed a big change in him in terms of "maturity".  He had his moments, thank goodness, but for the most part, he was a very well behaved dog.  I was especially proud of him when he displayed calmness when my aunts arrived. No barking, no jumping, just a little "welcome licking" on the hand.  Kudos for Cooper for being such a good dog.  My brother made us a nice dinner on Friday, Greek food.  It was delicious.  It was a bit of a family celebration for someone who has a birthday tomorrow.

Today was a quiet day.  We wanted to go boating but decided to stay home and do a bit of clean up outside as in cut the grass, dead head  plants, or whatever plants are left after the deer had a feast while we were gone.  Yep, they sure ate well during our absence.  Oh well, plants grow back.....There is probably no such thing as "deer resistant" plants, however I will say that, so far, the deer have not even come close to the Lavender, Coreopsis and Ornemental Grasses.  Yay!

That's about it for this week's news. Have a great week everyone!

Lori, with Scruffy and Pepper, Cooper looking up at them.

Little girl patting Cooper.

Brie and her pals.

Cooper and Bailey...exchanging greetings.
Havanese lovers every where.

Cooper exploring the human crowd!

Cooper and his "Mini Me"... Magic!

Havanese always have time to stop and smell the roses!

1 comment:

  1. I must say, it was a very informative and fun to read content. Thanks for posting such an amazing blog. Hope you will keep posting amzing content like this.

    Buy healthy and vaccinated havanese puppies in $500 only! Our havanese puppies are vet checked and dewormed. Also, we provide health guarantee for our puppies. All puppies are Akc registered. We provide safe and secure shipping

    Havanese Puppies For Sale

    ReplyDelete