Pageviews l

Sunday 13 January 2013

Where did the snow go?

When Russell took Cooper out this morning, there was no snow to speak of on the ground.  Cooper was even walking around in circles,  looking for a spot of snow so he could do his business.  Seriously!  He eventually found a tiny bit of snow along the fence and that was good enough for him.  What a meltdown we've had, us and many others in Ontario and Quebec.  I never thought I would say this but I much prefer snow to wet grass at this time of year.  It is so much better for the dog, less mucky and so much cleaner.  Oh well, I must not forget who is in charge of the weather...

This past week came and went in a heartbeat.  I am happy to say that my mom is making amazing progress and is now out of intensive care.  For an 81 year young woman, she is showing incredible will to recover quickly.  I spoke to her many times this week and everyday her voice was stronger.  She now needs to rebuild her strength.  She asked my dad to bring her makeup to the hospital ...that's my mom!  When I reflect on the past few weeks, and how concerned we were about her long term recovery, well, I have to say that she has surprised all of us, including her medical team.  This is not to say that she will be running a marathon next week, but her recovery is going better than expected.  Very encouraging news. As for my dad, he is doing well and can now spend better quality time with my mom while visiting her at the hospital.  I look forward to seeing them again when we go to Montreal at the beginning of February.

As for Russell and I, we are doing well.  We went for a few walks this week with the Coop.  During one of our walks, we ran into a flock of wild turkeys.  They are funny, but ugly birds, and they sure take their sweet time to cross the road.  Cooper is also doing well.  We were actually realizing the other day that he is almost 20 months old. Wow, such a big boy now!  I read somewhere that once dogs reach the age of one year,  they are no longer considered puppies.....hmmm....I still consider Coop a puppy.

This coming week will be busy.  Cooper will be going to Camp Talemaker for a few days while Russell and I spend a few days in Toronto. As usual, Cooper will have a great time with the Talemaker crew.  As for us, we have some errands to run both at Ren's Pet Store and Sherway Gardens. We need  to buy a few items that we can't find in Huntsville.  We will also go to the Toronto Boat Show with some friends.   Who knows, we may consider buying a boat.

That's about it for this week's update. It is a cloudy and rainy Sunday, perfect day for watching football or reading a book.  I wish you all a great week!



1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with you re not having snow. Both of my Havs are not liking the wet muddy back yard. Funny, Brie looks for a spot of snow to do her business too. Colby, not so much. So glad to hear how well your Mom is doing. Amazing ladies our Moms are. Mine recovered very well after her fractured hip surgery last summer, even with her Alzheimer's Disease. Praying for continued healing for your Mom. Enjoy your time in Toronto!! Take Care
    Jane

    ReplyDelete