Pageviews l

Sunday 25 November 2012

Wintery window box

It's a start....I took advantage of the beautiful warm weather last week to fill the window box that Matt made me with wintery greens.  It looks as nice from the outside as it does from the inside.  That's about all I've done in terms of Christmas decorations so far.  Not quite in the mood yet but that will come.

Kind of a slow Sunday today. We didn't sleep very well last night:  the colder weather is making the logs crack at night and it keeps us awake.  Thankfully, it doesn't seem to bother Cooper.  He sleeps like a log most nights :-)  I am a light sleeper so it doesn't take much for me to wake up.  So this morning, we took it easy and even had a little nap before lunch.   We also went in the hot tub for about 30 minutes and I now feel somewhat revived.

This past week was relatively quiet. We went for a few nice walks with the Coop.  We also finished raking the last of the leaves and split more fire wood. Cooper had a great time playing outside.  I ran after him during one of his plays and I wiped out on the stone patio around the fire pit.  I hurt both knees and my right wrist.  My knees are now purple and yellow, my wrist is hurting a bit but it's not so bad.

Russell and I had our "meet and greet" meeting at the Nurse Practitioner Clinic.  We spent one hour with the nurse who took note of our medical history.  It is quite a nice clinic and is only 10 minutes from our house. We also got our flu shot. That is where will go for our basic medical needs such as annual physicals and prescription renewals.

The grading of our private road was done and what a difference it makes. The road is much smoother to drive on.  Our driveway didn't get rebuilt as planned, we hope it will be done this week.

I really don't have much more to report this week.  I guess this past week was one of those ordinary weeks for us, with nothing special happening.  Nothing wrong with that.  But I can't say it was the same for our breeders, Nathan and Darlah.  One of their Havanese, Spice, had her first litter and gave birth to 9 puppies.  All are doing well except for one who is fighting for her life.  We have been following her progress daily. As of this morning, the tiny pup was still hanging on, thanks to the amazing care provided to her by Darlah and Nathan.  As with all the people that acquire a Havanese dog from them, we have become close to them and follow their tales daily.  We hope the little one pulls through.

So, this is Grey Cup night.  Russell will watch it,  I will read my book and Cooper will do whatever he wants to do.  Although we had nothing special planned for this coming week, it is shaping up to be a bit busy.  Tomorrow, we will have a screen door installed in our basement.  We have visitors coming on Tuesday and I need to start my Christmas baking.

Christmas greenery in the kitchen window box.
I wish you all a good week and may the best team win tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment