Pageviews l

Sunday 25 September 2011

Things are looking up.....








What a week it has been! Since this blog is first and foremost about our Huntsville log home, I will give a short update on our project. As shown on the attached picture, Matt and Casey have been busy at the Yard. The first course of logs was put down, and the frame for the turret has been erected. So exciting to actually see part of our house being built. More progress will be done this week.

As for me, well, I am now retired. I am actually realizing it today for the first time. Sunday is typically a day where I get things done in preparation for the week ahead. Today, I did nothing of the sort. I went to the farmers market then we went for a nice Vette ride to take in the fall colours. It is a beautiful day.


As expected, last week was an emotional roller coaster, with the grande finale being last Friday. After an emotional employee meeting, where Michel spoke so nicely about me, and a standing ovation from all employees, I had lunch with my HR colleagues and Russell at a nice restaurant close to the office. We all had a good time, I laughed and cried but it was all good.



So, this is it. I have lots of good memories and I will cherish them forever. Now, Russell and I begin this new chapter together, 24/7/365, and we have lots of plans! My agenda is already quite full for this week, hope I have enough time to do everything.

On this happy note, I wish you all a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment