Pageviews l

Sunday 11 September 2011

Pondering my upcoming retirement.....

As I am thinking about the upcoming two weeks that I have left before I retire, Russell is slowly getting the pond ready for Fall. We will miss our pond when we move to Huntsville but we will have other things that will bring us as much enjoyment. Yes, two weeks left at work, with my retirement dinner this coming Thursday. I am looking forward to it but no doubt it will be filled with all sorts of emotions. My retirement "speech" is ready. It will be simple and will come from the heart. I will fill you in on that event next weekend.

Nothing to report on the log home front. I hope to have something to talk about next week. As mentioned in last week's blog, Treasure was nesting and she did have her two puppies on Monday, September 6. She had to have a c-section as her pups were too big, a whopping 9.5 ounces each. She had a boy and a gal. Both are doing very well and one of them should be ours to take home in November. Needless to say, we are very excited and we will follow their progress daily on the Talemakers blog.

Today is 9/11, a day for all of us to remember. Ten years ago today, I was checking in at my hotel room in Divonne, France when I found out about 9/11. I was there on business. Being away from home and my loved ones made it all so much worse. It was a terrible time that no one will ever forget.

I wish everyone a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment