Pageviews l

Sunday, 4 October 2026

Settling into Fall

Happy Sunday everyone! It's a chilly but sunny morning. It seems that the cooler temperatures have arrived earlier than usual this year. Maybe it's just me but there is definitely a little extra chill in the air. 

It was a quiet and cozy week. Despite a couple of rainy days, we did enjoy some lovely Fall weather. We're still sneaking in as much time as we can on the deck, soaking up the crisp air and changing colours before the season moves on. 

Yesterday, I got more outdoor cleanup done. I was pleased with myself. Russell cut the grass in the front only. The willow leaves from our neighbour's yard are falling into our yard this year. I guess the wind is blowing the wrong way LOL! 

Our boys are doing well. With the leaves beginning to fall,  they are doing their best to bring a little bit of autumn indoors with them.  After each walk, they get a thorough paw wash. We have a system which takes no time at all. They are used to it and actually expect it. 'Tis the season 🍂

Russell is making good progress on his maternal ancestry work. He's been working with a genealogist from Toronto with expertise in the Caribbean. She is originally from St-Vincent. More on that when he gets the complete picture but it is fascinating stuff!

Today is food prep day for the week. I will be roasting a batch of carrots, golden beets and Delicata squash. I will also make a shepherd's pie for dinner tomorrow.  I find Sunday prep is a good way to stay on track with healthy eating. 

Tomorrow is election day in Quebec. We all know who will win, the question is will it be a minority or majority government? We will find out tomorrow night. 

Russell and I are heading to the city on Saturday for the HABS games. We will have lunch in the Old Port first. It will be a nice little getaway. That's my blog for this week. I leave you with a few cozy pics and a few videos of Merlot & Sherlock doing what they do best 💕 

Have a great week everyone!

Crisp Fall air and blankets to 
snuggle into on the sofa...it is
a dogs' life.


Sherlock tucked into his chair while
Merlot sort of keeps an eye on the 
backyard.


TV time means pre bed nap time for these
guys.


A typical Fall afternoon on the deck.


Merlot has his own pre-dinner ritual and he 
seldom misses the opportunity to demonstrate.


Sherlock is a spinner and he does his whirl 
before meals and when he is excited.


Apple picking, me with Cooper and Spicy at 
Vignoble du Marathonien,  this moment -
September 24th, 2020.



No comments:

Post a Comment