Happy Sunday everyone! It's warm, sunny and the only sound is coming from the birds. We're on the deck now, enjoying yet another Summer morning. I can't believe this is the last week of July.
It's that time of year when Mother Nature decides she's almost done showing off. The lush, emerald-green grass that made everything look like a postcard has been replaced with patches of straw-coloured grass. Our pooches, of course, couldn't care less. Every blade has a story. Their enthusiasm never fades even if the lawn does. Bonus...Russell doesn't need to cut the grass as often.
And then, there are those Brown-headed Cowbirds that have invaded our backyard. While Russell and I admire the goldfinches or cardinals, Merlot & Sherlock are obsessed with the cowbirds. They come in a flock, land on the grass then fly away as soon as our boys try to chase them. The deck transforms from a viewing platform into a launch station. I captured Merlot chasing them the other day. It's a very short video but if you look closely, you see the birds flying away. To say they are obsessed is an understatement. Not that long ago, the squirrels ruled their world. Now, they barely earn a second glance. One has to wonder what will be next LOL!
Merlot became a dad a few weeks ago...three beauties and they look just like Merlot did when he was a puppy. We look forward to seeing how those pups will turn out. It's exciting. I guess that makes us doggie grand-parents and Sherlock is an uncle (they are after all 3/4 brothers) 😍
Our boys got a new toy from their Havanese friend Tinker. They both enjoy it but Merlot is the one most obsessed with it. He can be such a goofball and he excels at entertaining himself. Sherlock is a bit more reserved, although he has his moments of craziness, especially around meal times LOL!
That's my blog for this week. I leave you with some videos taken last week and a few photos. I thought I would include one of Russell and I taken by our friends a few weeks ago. I quite like it. Have a great week everyone!
![]() |
| Butt to butt...they are on watch for the comings and goings. |
![]() |
| Merlot is a very proud father of 3 gorgeous pups...all with his markings. |
| A delightful lunch at friends and are you taking a photo of me taking a photo of you?! |
![]() |
| Spicy and Cooper reaching for the sky and they look for treats from above...this moment July 13th, 2022. |



No comments:
Post a Comment