Pageviews l

Sunday 25 February 2024

Brighter days ahead

Happy Sunday everyone! It's a bright and cold morning but warm days on the way this week. It's a time of year that I find so uplifting, more so now. At around 4 am for the past few weeks, we've been hearing the Cardinal mating call, one of the sweetest Spring sounds. 

Our days are slowly getting a little brighter. We are gradually learning to live with the emptiness that Cooper and Spicy have left behind but the pain is still there, every day. The tears are still flowing. Some days are better than others, it's hard to explain. We miss them all the time, there is not much more to say. They were our whole life 💔

This past week was a bit busy. On Tuesday, Wanda came over for a visit. She is helping us find a good place, be it a home or rescue, for the many beautiful things that our pooches had. It does our heart good to know this and we are grateful for her help. On Wednesday, I went to Eveline and Macey's house for coffee. Macey and Cooper were training buddies in our Fun Obedience Classes. Macey is a sweet Havanese. I gave her a snuggle but that's about all I could handle. It was hard. 

We are often asked if we will get another dog one day. The answer is "maybe" but it is much too soon for us to even think about it. We're just not ready. 

Russell and I both had a pedicure last week...a little bit of self care is always good for the soul. I normally don't get polish in the Winter months but I needed some colour on my toes. The weather was such that I was able to walk out of the salon with my flip flops, even better.

Our daily routine has changed and we are filling our days doing different things. We've been going for walks. I've been cooking a little more. I reorganized some of the kitchen cupboards. Tomorrow, I will resume my workouts. It's time. 

That's my blog for today. My brother is coming for lunch. It will be nice to see him again. On Wednesday, we're having lunch with Pauline.....we will talk trips. I leave you with two "throwback Sunday" photos. Have a great week everyone!


Cooper and Spicy were always ready to perform
for a treat...Russell and I were always
willing to indulge. 
February 24, 2018


Spicy and Cooper were ever ready 
to take to the trail...this time it 
was at Morgan Arboretum.
February 3, 2018





No comments:

Post a Comment