Pageviews l

Sunday 22 October 2023

A close encounter

Happy Sunday everyone! It's a rainy and cool day for us.  It was 6 Celsius when we took the pooches out first thing this morning but I'm still wearing shorts, just can't give them up yet. The temperature in our house is set at 19 Celsius, comfortable enough for those shorts!

The Coop and I had a close encounter with a skunk yesterday morning. I took him out at 5:30, it was raining and I had a golf umbrella covering the both of us. Our backyard lights were on and I had a flashlight so I could scan the neighbourhood. All was good until we were ready to get back in the house. We then noticed a skunk outside our fence, in our neighbour's yard, just staring at us. I dropped the umbrella and scooped up our 17 pound pooch with one arm and off in the house he went. The brave girl that I am, I went back outside to get the umbrella. My heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to explode. The fact that Cooper didn't lunge at the skunk is a miracle in itself. We bought a 6/49 😂 From this point on, both are on a leash when going out in the dark. We just can't take the chance of either one getting skunked. They don't mind, they know that going out at night is strictly for business.

We are thankful that we put up that mesh all along the fence a few years ago to prevent critters from entering our yard but it's not stopping them from standing outside the fence. This was our first sighting of a skunk this year, so not bad but one encounter was enough to scare the bejesus out of me.

This past week was good. We had our Monday morning walk with our usual peeps, Matisse, Pauline and Errol. We also ran into Jim and Maureen, a lovely couple that we see often while walking. The foliage is beautiful by the lake at this time of year. 

We've had lovely weather, Saturday being spectacular and warm, truly a gorgeous Fall so far. We finished our yard work and put away the VegTrug.  

We have a very busy week coming up. Tomorrow, Russell has a "meet and greet" appointment with his new doctor. He will then book his physical for November. Both of us also have a pedicure this week. On Thursday, I will have lunch with my good friends and former co-workers, Lise and Diane, in the Old Montreal, our yearly gathering to celebrate our birthdays. It will be nice to catch up.

Then on Friday, it will be a very special day. Our little girl Spicy will turn 13. She brings us endless joy and deserves the best birthday 💝 I will post her birthday pics in next week's blog. 

Those are my little news. Not much on the agenda today other than making a batch of soup and prepping a few meals for the week. Russell has some NFL games to watch. Last night, we watched the HABS against the Capitals. It was exciting, with an overtime win for Montreal ... and I didn't fall asleep this time. 

Have a great week everyone! 


Three amigos watching life unfold on our
walk at Edgewater Park - Matisse is on the
left, he is a Polish Lowland Sheep dog.


Just hanging out on the sofa, keeping
an eye on the neighbours.


Cooper looking a little frisky.



Which end is up...Spicy knows
how to totally relax.


Front row seats with a 
stunning Fall backdrop.


Crimson beauty...


Flaming glory, a majestic maple
greets the azure blue sky.


1 comment: