Pageviews l

Sunday 24 September 2023

Hello Fall!

Happy Sunday everyone! What a gorgeous start to this brand new season. Nothing but sunshine and warm temps for the rest of the week. I have to say, I do like Fall and all that it brings. I love the foliage that changes colour day by day, cozy sweaters. I love the various scents, be it the scent of fresh air in the morning, the leaves, yummy baked apples and let's not forget, the smell of roasted turkey. On that note, yesterday I bought our Butterball for Thanksgiving, a whopping 23 pounder. It will be a good one!

This past week was good. Russell and I had our monthly pedicure...yep, Russell is into monthly pampering now, no polish though LOL. Cooper and Spicy had a few nice walks. We missed seeing Matisse the PON and Pauline but ran into Errol a number of times. We also ran into another couple that we see from time to time on our walks, very nice folks, no dog although their daughter has a Corgi. We chatted for a while. As we were talking, somehow the topic of the space shuttle came up. It turns out that Jim (a former AC pilot) is good friends with Canadian astronaut David St-Jacques who launched to the ISS in 2018. Jim and his wife attended the launch.  Given my fascination with all NASA stuff,  it turned out to be a very interesting chat.

Cooper is stable. He hasn't had any coughing episodes for two weeks. His appetite is still good despite the increased meds. We take comfort in that. Spicy is doing well also. Both have the best life and they know it 💖

Yesterday, we got a bit of yard work done. I cut back some plants and filled two bags. Russell trimmed a few bushes. He also cut the grass. There is lots more to do. Two bags at a time I say.

Nothing else is new with us. Tomorrow morning, I have my pre-physical work up (blood work, ECG, etc) before my physical on Thursday morning. I have a mammogram scheduled for October 11. It is that time of year.

Those are my little news for today. I have some meal prep to do for the week and a chicken pot pie for dinner ... our first seasonal meal. We may go for a walk later. Then, at 1 pm, I will be on the deck with my iPad watching the Red vs White Intrasquad Scrimmage HABS game 👏 Have a great week and Happy Fall!


Cooper and Spicy romping into Fall.


Spicy and Cooper think they have something
cornered in the backyard.


Spicy on her inspection of the rudbeckia.


Cooper standing guard, "I hear something"


Spicy's pre-breakfast ritual,
being thankful for what she is about
to eat.


At the ready for squirrels or a BBQ tasting, which
ever comes first.


Cooper looking extra cute.



No comments:

Post a Comment