Pageviews l

Sunday 27 August 2023

Saying so long to August

Happy Sunday everyone! It's a coolish morning for us but it will warm up. The forecast for the week is looking good except maybe for Wednesday. I woke up feeling somewhat nostalgic as we are entering the last week of August. There is no denying it, it's starting to feel like Fall. When I got up at 6 this morning to give Cooper his pill, it was bright enough in the kitchen that I didn't need to turn the light on but I'm thinking that I will have to in a couple of weeks. 

This past week was good. We had a few nice walks, some in the company of our usual crowd at the park. Russell cut the grass on Wednesday and it needs to be cut again. Our apple trees are still dropping apples. They are quite big and the squirrels are having a feast. I picked up two buckets last week before grass cutting. 

Yesterday afternoon, I was on the deck and noticed a black and orange bird in the apple trees. I had never seen it before. Russell came out with his big camera lens and was able to capture it. We believe it is an American Redstart. There were a few of them actually. They haven't been to our feeders so we're guessing they prefer fruit to seeds. Beautiful to watch. I hope to see them again today.

Our pooches are doing well. I continue to measure Cooper's resting respiratory rate every two days or so. It's in a good range. Yesterday morning, he was on the deck with me. It was quiet, too early for the squirrels to play and make noise so I got a good measurement. Spicy's is good also 💗

We have a busy start to our week. Today, Cooper and Spicy are getting a bath. Russell will get going around 9 ish. It takes about one hour for each from start to finish. They will be all clean and smelling like roses for their wellness exam tomorrow morning with Dr. Stiles. Tomorrow is also our 41st wedding anniversary. It will be a quiet and relaxing day. I will make us a special dinner.

Tuesday, we get our heat pump/furnace installed. It's a one day job. Coop and Spicy will get excited at first when the crew shows up then they will settle down.

The rest of our week should be uneventful. I will go to the market and hopefully buy some Delicata Squash. It should be out by now. Another sign that a new season is upon us.

That's my blog for today. Russell and Cooper had their breakfast. I will feed Spicy soon. She is all stretched out in her bed in the kitchen. Have a great week everyone, see you in September!


Deck time and comfort...doesn't get any 
better.

Cooper hanging out under the 
Zebra grass.


Spicy having a walkabout with the 
rudbeckia as a backdrop.


Cooper taking a mid morning nap while
I check his Resting Respiratory Rate (RRR).


Spicy deep in thought...wonder
what she is contemplating.


An American Redstart in our apple tree.


Evening sky with vapour trails and
billowing clouds.


No comments:

Post a Comment