Pageviews l

Sunday 20 March 2022

Welcome Spring!

Hello everyone and a huge welcome to a brand new season! It looks and feels like Spring. It's been raining on and off for the past couple of days. Our snow is melting rapidly and our little girl Spicy is not a happy camper. She is confused, trying to make her way to patches of snow without having to step on the grass. I had to laugh this morning when I was out with her....she was contemplating going to the snow bank by the fence and I just knew that she was trying to figure out how to get there without getting too wet. I had to take a photo of her, priceless 😊

The last week of Winter was a good one. Russell took advantage of the beautiful weather to wash the deck furniture, clean the glass panels and vacuum the carpet. Our deck officially opened for the season on St-Patrick's Day. We had our neighbours Paul and Marie over for a wee dram (or more) and some good laughs. It was a fun afternoon! Cooper & Spicy were also happy to regain their favorite viewing spots. We couldn't have asked for better weather to celebrate outdoors. 

On Tuesday, my brother came over for coffee. It was nice to see him again, especially since it was his birthday.

We continue to get ready for our trip, getting little things ready here and there. Yesterday, I went to the mall and bought a bathing suit...something I've been putting off for the longest time. Those that know me well know that I hate shopping, always have, probably always will. As much as I would have liked to order a bathing suit online, I thought better of it. I guess the luck of the Irish was with me as I found what I was looking for in a matter of minutes. Tick, done ✅

Russell ordered himself a couple of books for our trip, as well as a sun protection hat. Those should arrive sometime this week. This morning, he also sorted out our COVID vaccine documents...they are scanned, printed, stored in Dropbox, on the cloud, you name it....they're everywhere 😂Russell did the same with our marriage certificate and my birth certificate....I will need both for travelling as my vaccine passport is under my maiden name (a Quebec thing) while my travel passport is under my married name.  The next big thing, other than getting our PCR test on April 6, will be to upload the documents on the Barbados app. I told Russell  that he will be a very busy person 72 hours prior to our flight...that will be his job while I pack. The good news is that we will not need a COVID test on our return.  Progress!

That's about it for my news today. I hope you have a good week ahead and wish you all a beautiful Spring!


Come on! What you guys waiting for...play time
downstairs now...please!


Happy St. Patrick's Day on the 
back deck with our neighbours 
Marie and Paul..good fun, laughs and
a few drams.


Spicy resumes her place, in her chair
at the table on the deck.


Cooper enjoying the fine weather and the
back deck views.


Two sets of eyes on the lookout are better than
just one set.

Happy Monday, the treats arrived for these two...
next step... inspection and sampling.


Happy Birthday Francois!

Spicy says, what is this green wet stuff and how
can I get to the next snow pile without getting
wet paws?


No comments:

Post a Comment