Pageviews l

Sunday 18 April 2021

Just another Spring day

Hello everyone and happy Sunday! Our weather is quite nice, a little cooler than last week but enjoyable. I'm writing this blog outside, with Cooper keeping me company. Spicy is napping with her daddy. 

This past week was good. On Thursday and Friday, we finally had some much needed rain. Our grass is quite green now and the flower beds are growing nicely. I'm amazed at how everything seems to be popping up faster this year, especially the Daylilies. Our daffodils are also doing well and will be in bloom soon. Interestingly enough, they didn't come back last year, not sure why. 

Russell cleaned up his Big Green Egg and painted the base. This week, he will change the gasket. We look forward to smoking some good ribs on the BGE next month. Russell's ancestry project continues to go well....he keeps finding more relatives.

I finally finished watching the Netflix series Scandal. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I find myself missing it. I also miss the almost daily exchanges I had with Pat as we were comparing notes. Now we need to find another good one. I tried watching Homeland but I just couldn't get past two episodes...it made me very anxious so I stopped. 

Tomorrow, I start an eight week Fuel Your Fitness Challenge designed by Angie Aldridge, personal trainer from Huntsville, and Jennifer Northcott, Angie's nutrition coach and RD. It will be a unique learning experience, focusing on how to dial in our nutrition in order to better fuel our workouts. It will be comprised of eight online nutritional education modules, three workouts per week, weekly group Zoom calls with the participants (I believe 13 in total) and access to the EatLove app to help plan meals. It will be something different and no doubt very informative.

I don't have many photos this week other than a few random shots of our pooches. The one of Spicy under the blanket is quite cute.....yesterday afternoon, she went into the den, jumped on the couch, threw the cushion on the floor and burrowed herself under the blanket 💖 I am also including a photo of the gate stopper that we had made for our deck. We found it on Etsy. It is perfect!

Those are our little news. I wish you all a great week. Stay well and safe!



The perfect gate/door stopper from Etsy,
a website with uniquely crafted items.


Cooper inspected and approved the stopper.


Spicy found a way to burrow 
perfectly under a blanket.

Cooper says what did you say, treats?


Deck buddies enjoying the view and the comfort
of the new outdoor area rug.




No comments:

Post a Comment